Network drive issue
Not sure whether to put this in the mac or windows specific area as it effects both but maybe someone can help..

I have XBMC installed on a windows xp laptop which is currently networked to a drive which is connected to my mac (the windows machine wont recognise the drive) and I have networked it fine through smb://apple.

However everytime I boot up XMBC on the laptop it cant find the files on the drive - i have to go back to settings and network it back again at which point it works fine again. Its not too much of a problem but wondered whether anyone knows why it does this and it doesnt remember the path of the drive?

Many thanks.
anyone have any ideas?
Can you post the contents of your userdata\sources.xml file here. Delete any passwords first!! The file is just text and can be edited in Notepad.

JR
<mediasources>
<network>
<location id="0">smb://NAMEOFUSERTongueASSWORD@MAC/</location>
</network>
</mediasources>

does this help? The text in bold is stuff ive changed (password etc) but looking at it all it seems to be ok.
On my setup here:

smb://NAMEOFUSERTongueASSWORD@servername/

doesn't work but:

smb://NAMEOFUSERTongueASSWORD@servername/sharename/

does work. Try editing the sources.xml and see if that helps.

JR
thanks, i will try that when i get an opportunity.
any idea what would my sharename might be?
also, does this seem to stop the issue with losing the connection after restarting xbmc?

thanks again for the help Smile
Open a command prompt and type "net view \\mac" and it should show you a list of all the shares. I'm assuming that your server name is "mac" as it is in your sources.xml.

JR
All sorted- I think!
I dont think I had selected the right folders to share through my mac, ive tried it now and it seems to work ok.
Thanks for all the help, much appreciated mate!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network drive issue0