XBMC with Openelec - Invalid Drive Selected?
Buuuut, you made me to try Smile
I copy all the lines below the one that you gave me. I skiped IF line cause it is a condition which I don`t understand very well - should I or should I not?
Although, some files were transfered on my partition, I restarted computer, changed bios priority settings to usb hd drive, but it seems that he don`t recognize that there are some OS installation files on it.......
I would spend the 10 bucks on a thumb drive and not risk damaging anything on the other partition of that hardrive. Im not exactly sure of what commands are in that batch file, but I am pretty sure that there are some formating commands inside that batch file. Some of which could possibly wipe your entire hard drive if your not careful.
Generally, you are right. Flash drives are now cheap, but the thing is that I mostly carry HD drive with my self due to the larger capacity, and that flash drives are going into history.
Since I have two partitions, the chances that I will erase something on the first one are minimal. I already went succesfully through format part into .bat, file but stuck on conditional IF line....
What good would carrying around the OpenELEC installer do you? Because that's what you'll be doing when you carry around this HD (should you get it to work).
Find a chalkboard:
THE BAT FILE DOES NOT INSTALL OPENELEC.TV
Code:
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `xbmc_%`.* TO 'xbmc'@'%';
IF you have a mysql problem, find one of the 4 dozen threads already open.
There's definitely something wrong with the OpenELEC installation files, because I'm having the same problem and I'm using a 2GB USB drive, formatted in FAT32.

I found the following recent posting on their forum, which indicates that someone has found the cause, but they didn't say how and I can't view the file attached to the posting.

[HTML]http://openelec.tv/forum/14-general-help-and-support/24060-usb-installer-not-working-please-help#24060[/HTML]

In fact, I registered for the OpenELEC forum, so I could reply to the post, but I don't think it's accepted my registration - although there was no message to say that registration had failed...very frustrating and I can't log in.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC with Openelec - Invalid Drive Selected?0