Media Center Master - Now also compatible with XBMC
nmt1978 Wrote:This software has wonderful GUI, however, it has some major issues, when i add folder to scanfolder, it can not be detected. Sad search the software forum but i found no answer
Really? We have a LOT of setup tutorials at the forums.

Did you add a media folder to your list of scan folders or did you add a collection of media folders?

Your movie titles should be organized each in their own folder and the parent of all of those folders is a scan folder.
michaelcdf Wrote:look like a nice software, is it possible instead of torrent to download nzb file for newsgroup?
It's been suggested as a feature request, but ultimately I don't have any feeds to test with so I haven't looked into it yet.
I'm looking for the answers to eweber's and fryster's questions as well - the nfo format thing being the biggest. I don't want to screw up all the hundreds of movies I already have done trying to use MCM to get trailers for them.
eweber1969 Wrote:First of all, great job on the updates to MCM. I was sad to give it up after making the switch to XBMC. Now i'm back baby!!! Big Grin

1 question though regarding actor thumbnails. In a previous nfo file, generated by another app, I saw this...

However, the MCM nfo files look like this...

Any chance you could add the thumb tag to the xml. I think this is why my actor thumbs aren't showing up (although who knows since i'm still trying to figure out xbmc). I think i have my mcm prefs set up correctly - thumb path is set - download cast thumbs is checked - thumb folders are showing up in the correct location.

Thanks, and once again, great job with MCM...very impressive!
Excellent info, thanks! I will add this to the NFO spec that MCM drops and throw a patch out soon!
Actually, please auto-update to version 1.22 build 13910.466. This should now be fixed.

Hi, I noticed that while you have the option to create XBMC nfo files, it still creates the MediaBrowser metadata which is probably no use for most XBMC users. Perhaps you should also have a tickbox for that? (Which would then be default on if that is your target audience).
Also the ability to collect no metadata would be welcome, I personally do not need or want it.
I get around it by not ticking the XBMC nfo and living with the unwanted MediaBrowser metadata.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Interesting looking software. I will have to check it out soon. I am just setting up XBMX with Showmix on a new htpc setup I just built. So far I am AMAZED at the interface. Still comparing this to Ember. What are the main differences between them?
works great and smooth! Thanks man! Smile

But I have a request, could you add an opion to name the trailers the way xbmc needs them? (moviename-trailer.ext)

Furthermore Media Center Master always thinks this is a part of the movie. Would be great if your program could recognice the XBMC traielr format.
Hope for an update soon! Smile
Wow...I came in here to give a big thumbs up only to see that I posted in here when I first was setting up my htpc (I guess I forgot about this program). I tried a few other programs to rename/sort etc and just came across this this and it is the best I've used. This program is AWESOME! It was being retarded and adding a (Pray TV) movie folder into my empty torrent complete download dir but once the first torrent started that stopped. Now that it is properly configured with some problem shows corrected it works great.

Thanks for writing this application!

EDIT: Oh quick question. Under the TV tab there is a generate movie.nfo option. Do you mean tv show.nfo or something? I had a few questions but am not in front of the box right now.
May I suggest a few things. Disable the auto-start when a source is added. Started to mess up my library...

However, I noticed that it don't detect movies which are parted, also did it add subs folders.

Maybe try to make it search for first level names instead, and then add an exclude for cd1, cd2, subs, etc.

Also, would be nicer if the media could go into their own separates folder. Just to make the main folder clutter free.

Seems like a good app, but because of the things above. I must choose to go with another solution.

P.S.: If the above can be fixed with some setting tweaks, please let me know.
Is there a way to automatically store the extra backdrops (fanart) into a sub directory called "extrafanart" instead of the base movie dir? Skins like night now support extra fanart if in that directory. Up until now I have just been manually moving the images to the dir I create.

+ 1^20 for the great feature of keeping my episodes up to date. This is a MUST have for me and the wifey now! TED never worked right, sickbeard is really only for news feeds not torrents, but this program does a great job! Thanks so much!
I'm in the process of moving my HTPC from Windows Media Center to XMBC and I've got all my movies scraped with Media Center Master and just want to make sure that there aren't any settings that I need to change to make sure that XMBC will use the data from there instead of going to the internet to get the data.
bisk Wrote:I'm in the process of moving my HTPC from Windows Media Center to XBMC and I've got all my movies scraped with Media Center Master and just want to make sure that there aren't any settings that I need to change to make sure that XBMC will use the data from there instead of going to the internet to get the data.

Can anyone help me?
sho Wrote:Hi, I noticed that while you have the option to create XBMC nfo files, it still creates the MediaBrowser metadata which is probably no use for most XBMC users. Perhaps you should also have a tickbox for that? (Which would then be default on if that is your target audience).
Also the ability to collect no metadata would be welcome, I personally do not need or want it.
I get around it by not ticking the XBMC nfo and living with the unwanted MediaBrowser metadata.

I agree. It would be nice to have the option to only generate the files XBMC uses +1 !

I don't think there's many people that would use both Windows Media Center and XBMC, so need all the files?
OpenElec / Silverstone LC17 / 6TB / Toshiba 32WLT68

Get your freshly squeezed recipes, news and views at foodforfriendsyeah.co.uk!
so i am a waaay newbie. i am setting up my HTPC and deciding on what interface. XBMC or mediaportal. from what i see here, you have an interface into XBMC that can find my TV shows without a TV Tuner card using uTorrent, etc? as i have not installed XBMC, i believe it will let me search for tv shows and seamlessly port thru your software and fetch?
please enlighten me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Center Master - Now also compatible with XBMC0