• 2(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Tandriin Wrote:I have a problem with the latest builds. I have sound, but no video with ffdshow dxva. If i use MPC-HC i can watch all my mkv-files with gpu acceleration.

Here's a debug Log of my XBMC.log. I think the Problem starts around Line 537 where he cannot connect ffdshow dxva outpout to input.
http://pastebin.com/eDF8EyXm

And here's the part of my dsfilterconfig.xml i changed, so that dsplayer is using the haali media splitter. Rest of the file is unchanged

And last but not least, an screenshot of my dxva settings

My System is an Acer Aspire Revo R3610 with Nvidia ION Graphic.

I already tried to change the video dxva to "mpcvideodec". With mpcvideodec i have sound and video, but no gpu acceleration.

After it looks like this is not really a Build/Trunk Problem from xbmc maybe somebody here can help me.

Welcome aboard mate - glad you took my advice and shipped over here. There is nothing that sticks out to me from the pastebin log posted on the other thread, so I would like you to indulge me for a bit.

Could you reinstall the build you have and make no changes in the config set-up other than to change the source in mkv rule from "Haali" to "mkvsource" - leave everything else as is, save the config file and try and play a movie. Lets start from basics and see if we can get you up and running then we can start to tweak.

EDIT - before you reinstall try changing the ffdshow settings 'Compatibility Mode' from the setting in your screenshot to "Normal".
Ok, i tried changing the settings in the ffdshow dxva dialog, but that dosn't change anything.

so i removed, xbmc, ffdshow, haali media splitter, removed registry entries from ffdshow and haali and started a fresh installation of the latest build. i changed the mkv rule from haali to mkvsource and i've the same problem again. Audio is ok, but no video. i also checked that i still using the newest nvidia ion drivers.

When i open the information osd while "watching" a video, xbmc told me that it is using ffdshow audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder (mpeg4 video (h264). Splitter is MKVSource and Video Renderer VMR9 (renderless)

Log: http://pastebin.com/Qkssrqsk

I have the same "errors" like bevor
Quote:00:51:55 T:4720 M:679960576 DEBUG: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Successfully loaded filters rules
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679960576 INFO: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Elapsed time: 537.45ms
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679948288 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Video 1) pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681836544 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Video 1) pin to ffdshow Dxva Decoder.In
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681721856 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Dxva Decoder.Out pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681189376 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Dxva Decoder.Out pin to Xbmc VMR9.VMR Input0
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681115648 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow Dxva Decoder.Out pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681115648 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Video 1) pin to Xbmc VMR9.VMR Input0
00:51:55 T:4720 M:681115648 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Video 1) pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:680890368 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Audio 1) pin to ffdshow audio decoder.In
00:51:55 T:4720 M:680275968 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out pin to ffdshow Dxva Decoder.In Text
00:51:55 T:4720 M:680005632 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Failed connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out pin to Xbmc VMR9.VMR Input0
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679673856 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting ffdshow audio decoder.Out pin to Default DirectSound Device.Audio Input pin (rendered)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679673856 INFO: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Elapsed time: 166.67ms
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679661568 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: considering rule: un-named
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679661568 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: matches rule: un-named
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679661568 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: considering rule: un-named
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679657472 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: matches rule: un-named
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679657472 DEBUG: CFilterSelectionRule::GetFilters: adding filter: ffdvideodec for rule: un-named
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679657472 INFO: DShowUtil::LoadExternalObject DllGetClassObject fails for IID {56A86895-0AD4-11CE-B03A-0020AF0BA770}. Trying IClassFactory instead (hr = 0x80004002)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679444480 DEBUG: CFGFilterFile::Create Successfully loaded external filter (clsid:{04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7} path:C:\Program Files (x86)\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679444480 NOTICE: CFGLoader::InsertFilter Successfully added "ffdshow Video Decoder" to the graph
00:51:55 T:4720 M:679165952 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting MKV Source.Undetermined (Video 1) pin to ffdshow Video Decoder.In
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664674304 NOTICE: Display resolution DESKTOP : 1366x768 @ 60.00 - Full Screen (12)
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664596480 DEBUG: CFGManager::ConnectDirect: Succeeded connecting ffdshow Video Decoder.Out pin to Xbmc VMR9.VMR Input0
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664596480 NOTICE: CFGManager::RecoverFromGraphError Rendering fails when using DXVA renderer. "ffdshow Video Decoder" renderer used instead.
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664592384 INFO: The video filters encountered an error so dsplayer changed the filters currently used.
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664592384 NOTICE: CDSConfig::LoadPropertiesPage "ffdshow Video Decoder" expose ISpecifyPropertyPages
00:51:55 T:4720 M:664592384 NOTICE: CDSConfig::LoadPropertiesPage "ffdshow audio decoder" expose ISpecifyPropertyPages

Is there a way to test that the ffdshow dxva functionality is working properly? And the other question is. For me it seems that when xbmc or dsplayer recognice that the ffdshow dxva isn't working the programm tries to use the normal ffdshow video decoder. but thats not working, too
I had a simliar problem to this, there seems to be something wrong with ffdshowdxva and tuis build.

Try changing it to mpc, then whilst watching a video go to the mpc settings from the xbmc osd and switch dxva on. Stop and restatt the film and you should have dxva mkv playback.

CPU usage may still be a bit high (about 30), but I think that is more a problem with the build than dsplayer.

Tandriin Wrote:Ok, i tried changing the settings in the ffdshow dxva dialog, but that dosn't change anything.

so i removed, xbmc, ffdshow, haali media splitter, removed registry entries from ffdshow and haali and started a fresh installation of the latest build. i changed the mkv rule from haali to mkvsource and i've the same problem again. Audio is ok, but no video. i also checked that i still using the newest nvidia ion drivers.

When i open the information osd while "watching" a video, xbmc told me that it is using ffdshow audio decoder and ffdshow video decoder (mpeg4 video (h264). Splitter is MKVSource and Video Renderer VMR9 (renderless)

Log: http://pastebin.com/Qkssrqsk

Is there a way to test that the ffdshow dxva functionality is working properly? And the other question is. For me it seems that when xbmc or dsplayer recognice that the ffdshow dxva isn't working the programm tries to use the normal ffdshow video decoder. but thats not working, too
Tandriin Wrote:Ok, i tried changing the settings in the ffdshow dxva dialog, but that dosn't change anything.

Don't know if this will help, as I think you are on XP.

I had the same issue at one stage - blank screen with audio, pressed "O", and it showed all the codecs as fine - however, when I clicked on the video icon (depends on skin), it showed that only the audio codec had connected - no video codec at all.

So I changed the MKV rule to:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video>

(same config as Steelman's I think)

Also, double check that whether you made the xml changes in the players or userdata folder, as the xml in the userdata overrides all else.

Let us know how you get on, but if that does not work - out of ideas. I guess either wait untill mkv (subs) is fixed or prehaps look at using an earlier build for the time being.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
oldpainless Wrote:Ok.....This is a thread where every user, long in the tooth, or new, can ask other users for help - tricks & tips.
K

Would like to welcome myself too....... great idea for having this thread. Got some suggestion though (but would not insist it to be applied) Big Grin

1. If you could ask tiben to have a link in the first post of DSPlayer thread that points out to this thread just under the DSPlayer wiki link, like saying user created support thread or whatever is applicable.

2. A template for reporting problem like, OS, Build #, use of pastebin.com for posting the log, CODEC Pack installed? (a lot of user confuses one build after the other, elupus, tiben/binkseb builds).

Probably that will help the helpers easily see what the problem is the user is experiencing.
But that's just my 2 cents Big Grin

MaCMeL
tdw197 Wrote:Try changing it to mpc, then whilst watching a video go to the mpc settings from the xbmc osd and switch dxva on. Stop and restatt the film and you should have dxva mkv playback.

CPU usage may still be a bit high (about 30), but I think that is more a problem with the build than dsplayer.

Great tip mate and one that I generally tend to forget.

Another method is to install GraphStudio, open on toolbar select Graph then Insert Filter, search for mpc-hc video decoder, highlight, then on right hand side choose properties, this opens a further dialogue box which can then be used to set the codec properties and file association. Re-open xbmc and codec settings should now be changed to allow playback, providing the config is set for mpc-hc playback.

Painless - might be worthwhile considering that for any Q&A (although I wonder whether we shoudl consder contacting Seb/Tiben and concentrate on improving the WIKI rather than fragment instructions) we're considering, happy to help, even perhaps provide one or two screenshots, always find that to be helpful.

macmel Wrote:Would like to welcome myself too....... great idea for having this thread. Got some suggestion though (but would not insist it to be applied) Big Grin

1. If you could ask tiben to have a link in the first post of DSPlayer thread that points out to this thread just under the DSPlayer wiki link, like saying user created support thread or whatever is applicable.

2. A template for reporting problem like, OS, Build #, use of pastebin.com for posting the log, CODEC Pack installed? (a lot of user confuses one build after the other, elupus, tiben/binkseb builds).

Probably that will help the helpers easily see what the problem is the user is experiencing.

MaCMeL

Welcome MaCMel - thanks for the suggestions, I've got an awful feeling that this thread will grow arms and legs and I don't know whether Oldpainless has considered any formal structure other than to open a thread to alleviate some of the pressure from Seb/Tiben's technical thread. Will chat with him over the next few days and see where he wants to take this (his thread after all)
steelman1991 Wrote:Painless - might be worthwhile considering that for any Q&A (although I wonder whether we shoudl consder contacting Seb/Tiben and concentrate on improving the WIKI rather than fragment instructions) we're considering, happy to help, even perhaps provide one or two screenshots, always find that to be helpful.

I think either way works (provided it does it clearly)...I guess it's for folks in this thread to decide what would be the most helpfull.....and screenies are always a good idea.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
is it best to use EVR for windows 7?
macmel Wrote:Would like to welcome myself too....... great idea for having this thread. Got some suggestion though (but would not insist it to be applied) Big Grin

MaCMeL

Welcome ..some good points that I will add to the header for guidence - although we do need some structure, I think the last thing we need is for this thread to become autocratic.

K
steelman1991 Wrote:Welcome MaCMel - thanks for the suggestions, I've got an awful feeling that this thread will grow arms and legs and I don't know whether Oldpainless has considered any formal structure other than to open a thread to alleviate some of the pressure from Seb/Tiben's technical thread. Will chat with him over the next few days and see where he wants to take this (his thread after all)

Good point - you are right though - not sure I got further than opening another thread so Seb\Tiben can get on with their work. Any suggestions you have mate, I'd be gratefull - not sure I want this to be "my" thread, should be everyone's (through some form of democracy) if you know what I mean.

I wonder if there is way to give several people control over this thread...that might prove usefull, or, also happy to do they cut/paste/control thing.

K
EMK0 Wrote:is it best to use EVR for windows 7?

From my experience, yes, I found VMR9 on Win7 to be very coppy (win7 32, Acer 3600 ION) - others may have different experiences though.

K
EMK0 Wrote:is it best to use EVR for windows 7?

Welcome EMKO - I use EVR and I'm running Win7 and preformance and quality is excellent. Whether its better is up to you as the user to decide, try the alternative and see.
steelman1991 Wrote:Painless - might be worthwhile considering that for any Q&A (although I wonder whether we shoudl consder contacting Seb/Tiben and concentrate on improving the WIKI rather than fragment instructions) we're considering, happy to help, even perhaps provide one or two screenshots, always find that to be helpful.

You know, uou just need to register on the wiki and you can freely edit the article Wink It's so long to do, and I'm really busy at this time (school project, exams, dsplayer, ...). So, if you want to add something, you're more than welcome Laugh
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Right Ive managed to get reclock working for sd content, but only if use powerdvd filter - not a problem as I like it.

However, it doesn't seem to work with any content which had dd or dts soundtrack - I've enabled ffdshow to pass these through to my amp. Should I disable this? If so can reclock pass it through?

Cheers, tom
I hope someone can help me with choosing the right filters and settings for my scenario:

Most importantly I want to achieve the smoothest possible playback on a tv that is stuck at 60Hz. I play mostly 720p stuff on a 720p tv, I don't care about upscaling, deblocking, noise reduction etc. My CPU can handle 720p stuff fine so squeezing out that extra 1% of CPU load reduction is not important for me (I'm just hoping that my htpc will run slightly cooler & quieter).

Any advice? Smile
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0