• 5(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Looks like internal subs too are shown in italics (for me anyway)...not a big issue. Have not tested if they disapear yet tho.

K

I really prefer that, will be easier to fix Smile

steelman1991 Wrote:Internal/External ? what's the difference, or am I just not up to date with the techno-terms.

Or are we talking about embedded or not embedded - just curious. All my sub files .srt are placed within an mkv container - are they classed as internal or external? Just curious so I know Huh

An external subtitle is a subtitle we need to load during playback (a subtitle file). Internal subtitles are send by the splitter, no need to load a file and read it. So :
  • Internal = embedded (inside the container, red by the splitter)
  • External : a subtitle file, red by a custom filter added to teh graph
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
If anyone finds a bug or issue for a current build - please report it here and this will be added to the header of this thread so people can see at a glance what issues a current build has.

Cheers.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
blinkseb Wrote:I really prefer that, will be easier to fix Smile

An external subtitle is a subtitle we need to load during playback (a subtitle file). Internal subtitles are send by the splitter, no need to load a file and read it. So :
  • Internal = embedded (inside the container, red by the splitter)
  • External : a subtitle file, red by a custom filter added to teh graph

Cheers mate that explains it nicely Nod
oldpainless Wrote:If anyone finds a bug or issue for a current build - please report it here and this will be added to the header of this thread so people can see at a glance what issues a current build has.

Cheers.

K

That addition on the header is very helpful indeed, thought I would be enjoying my mkv's with subs (crash is fixed great) but my anime mkv are a bit longer than 15-20 minutes Oo (missing subs)

Probably best is to learn the Japanese language Laugh
Hope to see a new build soon.
ISSUE!
Just did a CLEAN install of build 29166, (uninstalled previous, also user profile deleted).

ONLY thing I did after install: created an advancedsettings.xml file with dsplayer as default. Now everything plays ok, but no dxva. Did I forget something? Will post screenshot + log tonight.

EDIT: Sorry for my incomplete post. I'm running WinXP on a 780G mobo. Tested mkv files that showed me less than 10% cpu on an older build. Now I am getting 60%. Not sure what you mean by the video icon, will try later.
zilexa Wrote:ISSUE!
Just did a CLEAN install of build 29166, (uninstalled previous, also user profile deleted).

ONLY thing I did after install: created an advancedsettings.xml file with dsplayer as default. Now everything plays ok, but no dxva. Did I forget something? Will post screenshot + log tonight.

Ok...that will be helpfull....is this an MKV file?...just a thought - when the file is playing, have you tried clicking the video icon (not the "O" button) and clicking MPC to check if DXVA is enabled?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Hi

Still having the bizzare tearing and slow fps issue

Nature of issue:
All videos play back with tearing, and with very low frame rate (somewhere around 15-20 fps) video jerks all over the place. Audio is near ok.

Happens with MPC and FFDshow
Also, adjust refresh rate on or off makes no difference to the playback issue. Nor does fake or true full screen. - This is a fresh install No codec packs
Build 21966

Win 7 x64 intel 4500MHD gfx card

Log:
http://pastebin.com/GPCgG91b

DSConfig
http://pastebin.com/dF7aLT3x

Doesent happen on builds before the renderer rebuilds (ie 29028)
@totalhysteria, I had the same issue with previous build (low frame rate). This is doesn't happen with the new build. But I still have an issue and I think it has to do with the main trunk/core XBMC, not DSPlayer:

oldpainless Wrote:Ok...that will be helpfull....is this an MKV file?...just a thought - when the file is playing, have you tried clicking the video icon (not the "O" button) and clicking MPC to check if DXVA is enabled?

K

(all tests done with MKV dxva supported files without subtitles (not internal, not external) on WinXP SP3, 780G mobo.)

Playing MKV, I checked the Video Icon > MPC decoder settings. It says "DXVA Mode". Still 60% CPU.
I restarted XBMC, played MKV: only a black screen! OSD worked: 60% CPU and "DXVA Mode". Isn't that weird?

I restarted my htpc, checked again: MKV plays fine, "DXVA mode", this time 12% CPU!! Big Grin

Please note after completely removing previous build, I also restarted, just to be sure.
So without modifying ANYTHING, only restarting my pc, dxva works.

I think this has to do with XBMC itself causing high CPU usage, while video playback is DXVA supported. And sometimes XBMC's instability effects video playback, causing black screen.
I'll check my log and will try with debug log enabled...
totalhysteria Wrote:Hi

Still having the bizzare tearing and slow fps issue

Nature of issue:
All videos play back with tearing, and with very low frame rate (somewhere around 15-20 fps) video jerks all over the place. Audio is near ok.

Happens with MPC and FFDshow
Also, adjust refresh rate on or off makes no difference to the playback issue. Nor does fake or true full screen. - This is a fresh install No codec packs
Build 21966

Win 7 x64 intel 4500MHD gfx card

Log:
http://pastebin.com/GPCgG91b

DSConfig
http://pastebin.com/dF7aLT3x

Doesent happen on builds before the renderer rebuilds (ie 29028)

Oddly, When playing in windowed mode (using a small window) the FPS is improved, but audio is out of sync. Full Screen windowed results in a drop in the FPS back down to near 15 fps.
totalhysteria Wrote:Doesent happen on builds before the renderer rebuilds (ie 29028)

Hiya guys...off out, so prehaps others will be able to help indepth tonight (back online in the morning - UK time).

However, you may well have a point - try dvdplayer with dxva in the latest dsplayer build and see what happens.

It may be a trunk issue in terms of how the new renderers interact with the core - not sure yet...more tests needed guys.

K
oldpainless Wrote:Hiya guys...off out, so prehaps others will be able to help indepth tonight (back online in the morning - UK time).

However, you may well have a point - try dvdplayer with dxva in the latest dsplayer build and see what happens.

It may be a trunk issue in terms of how the new renderers interact with the core - not sure yet...more tests needed guys.

K
Hi,

I *THINK* i have located the problem. In video settings menu whilst playing, the "Video scaling method" is defaulting to something other than bilinear, which caused the fps to plummet. Changing this to bilinear solved the issue straight away. This explained why it worked in small window, obviously less to scale, so it handled better. Only issue now is getting the setting to save as default.

Thanks for the offers of help though. - Confirmed that the older builds (mentioned in my previous post) have the scaling method default as bilinear.

Problem solved ;-)
totalhysteria Wrote:Hi,

I *THINK* i have located the problem. In video settings menu whilst playing, the "Video scaling method" is defaulting to something other than bilinear, which caused the fps to plummet. Changing this to bilinear solved the issue straight away. This explained why it worked in small window, obviously less to scale, so it handled better. Only issue now is getting the setting to save as default.

Thanks for the offers of help though. - Confirmed that the older builds (mentioned in my previous post) have the scaling method default as bilinear.

Problem solved ;-)

Default, pick your setting, scroll further down, highlight 'set as default for all movies' this will overwrite all previously made settings - so be careful. Not sure whether there is any other way to set the default.

Problem solved ;-)

Thanks so much for discovering that! I was going crazy trying to figure out the problem - exactly the same issues as you!
I really like the fact that playback from rar files is working.... but I can only use it with avi videos and not mkv videos

I've got dsplayerconfig.xml setup like this:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="haali" />
<splitter filter="haali" />
<video filter="coreavcvideodec" />
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
</rule>

it works for mkvs not in rar files no problem. Also if i use mkvsource and mvsplitter, instead of haali, the video plays from the rar.. but the framerate is terrible

Has anybody else tried this combination? I couldn't get it working on 2 different winxp 32 bit machines

http://pastebin.ca/1859476

guess it cant connect the rar file source to haali?

ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSplitter Failed to connect the source to the spliter

Problem solved ;-)

Good find - will add to the header for current build.

K
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0