• 70(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Awesome, some sub love haha Smile

Do you have a 1920x1080 screen or a 1680x1050? Theres something a little funky where I've seen those positioned subs appear a little low on 1680x1050 screens, yet they appear fine on 1080p screens. Something funky with the sub encoding no doubt. If you think that's funky though, you should see how that scene appeared on the WDTV Live...it seemed to have a massive spazz and display broken text as it couldnt deal with the positioned subs at all Smile

Do you have any idea when the next release should be available that'll have the fix built in? (I'm not code savvy enough to compile it myself unless theres a guide to doing so somewhere..that's even presuming its in the SVN yet; I know http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ doesnt seem to cover the DSPlayer branch...even though they cover the OGL branch).

Again apologies for being a code/svn code nub haha
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
alexrose1uk Wrote:Awesome, some sub love haha Smile

Do you have a 1920x1080 screen or a 1680x1050? Theres something a little funky where I've seen those positioned subs appear a little low on 1680x1050 screens, yet they appear fine on 1080p screens. Something funky with the sub encoding no doubt. If you think that's funky though, you should see how that scene appeared on the WDTV Live...it seemed to have a massive spazz and display broken text as it couldnt deal with the positioned subs at all Smile

I'm at 1440x900 on my computer Wink

Quote:Do you have any idea when the next release should be available that'll have the fix built in? (I'm not code savvy enough to compile it myself unless theres a guide to doing so somewhere..that's even presuming its in the SVN yet; I know http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ doesnt seem to cover the DSPlayer branch...even though they cover the OGL branch).

Again apologies for being a code/svn code nub haha

No new release until Dharma is released. After, you'll have nightly build of dsplayer Big Grin
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
Sweet! Coooome-on Dharma Big Grin
If its going nightly after Dharma, will you and Tiben be getting more hands on deck to help get DSPlayer 'finished', or to a point you can call RC rather than alpha, to try and bring it to a level where it'll be more or less the definitive Windows version? Smile

If so good luck Smile
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
Hi all,

I am pretty happy with DSplayer, I only noticed one issue. When selecting a blue ray directory in library view it does not play the movies (standard player does).
If I select the m2ts file in the video section it of course plays perfectly.

Is there something I need to configure or is this not supported ?

Thanks
Hi,i need some help or to know if this is possible.
I tried to get it running but all i tried didnt work for me.
So here is what i want to do.
I want to play my SD Content and 720p Content with DSPlayer+ffdhsow(for upscaling and some other stuff)+haali which works.
Now i want in mediasconfig.xml a rule for playing 1080p content with dxva in CoreAVC.
So all my 1080p files have a "1080p" tag inside their filename.
I read the wiki and there its written it should be possible but i cant get it to work.
Can someone please explain me how i have to setup the rule for this in mediasconfig.xml?
Would be great if you can help me out.Thank you !
Malexx Wrote:Hi,i need some help or to know if this is possible.
I tried to get it running but all i tried didnt work for me.
So here is what i want to do.
I want to play my SD Content and 720p Content with DSPlayer+ffdhsow(for upscaling and some other stuff)+haali which works.
Now i want in mediasconfig.xml a rule for playing 1080p content with dxva in CoreAVC.
So all my 1080p files have a "1080p" tag inside their filename.
I read the wiki and there its written it should be possible but i cant get it to work.
Can someone please explain me how i have to setup the rule for this in mediasconfig.xml?
Would be great if you can help me out.Thank you !

Something like that should work :
Code:
<rule filetypes="mkv">
<video>
  <video filter="coreavc" filename=".*1080p.*" />
  <video filter="ffdshow" />
</video>
</rule>

Replace the filter name by yours. You'll use coreavc for files containing 1080p in its filename, and ffdshow for everything else.
Seb,

Shaders gone in dsplayer now?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
oldpainless Wrote:Seb,

Shaders gone in dsplayer now?

K

No, you need to enable them in your mediasconfig.xml, look here for an example.
Having just watched a film with my brother, I was reminded once again why Im so excited to see your dailies in the near future given you're built around the same decoding engine as MPC-HC; and with DSPlayer hopefully going to become part of Eden, hopefully better control and integration into XBMC's menu system rather than xml editing etc [it'd be awesome if in Eden's betas or earlier perhaps rather than just a video menu you have a Video - DSPlayer/DVDPlayer tab for each's settings and everything you need (aside from really advanced stuff) could be configured there like it can be for DVDPlayer now] Smile

The film itself was a fairly high quality foreign film my brothers been wanting to watch for a while, full 5.1 FLAC, 1080p film, with an average of 10-20Mb/s, decent quality stuff.

Watched 5 minutes of it using the XBMC Dharma beta3 SVN I'm using right now, and even in those 5 minutes, there were frequent frame drops, and stutters, as well as a few instances of artifacts (blocking etc), frame drop was in the hundreds.
Switched to MPC-HC after reinstalling it quickly, and although I lost the 5.1 sound because I hadn't set it up and was just using out the box MPC-HC, entire movie played flawlessly, absolutely flawlessly, none of the artifacts I was seeing with XBMC's DVDPlayer, and over the entire 1:45hr run time, it dropped 18 whole frames, from when I was paused it and resumed etc.
DVDPlayer dropped between 10-20x that many frames in 5 minutes!
Hardware not strong enough my ***, that it played through perfectly with MPC-HC really does show the limitations of DVDPlayer by contrast, it [mpc video decoder] just seems so far ahead of the base FFMPEG codec-usage DVDPlayer achieves.

Providing DSPlayer doesn't lose anything that makes MPC-HC so good at what it does, I can honestly see it becoming the definitive player for Windows XBMC builds in the future, providing it reaches a similar level of integration with the pack as DVDPlayer is right now Smile

Tiben/Blinkseb - thanks for all the time you've put into this, again, with the adoption into the main branch at Eden, I really hope you get the support you need from the rest of the team to make this the number 1 integrated player for Win32 versions of XBMC. Hell, if you could drop the video portion of XBMC/DVDPlayer, apply your video playback engine, and retain the settings/audio/ui side as is, it'd be virtually perfect, with only the need for HD Audio codec passthrough in the future. Smile

[If anyone wants to compare playback of the file between players out of interest, and has the bandwidth/desire to do so, the film was '[UTW]Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works'. 14GB though so you've been warned Smile]

Seb et al,

Just thought I'd pass this along - I had reported, a few threads earlier, a bug when using audio switching. I have since had to do a complete re-install of my HTPC system (for a number of reasons, but I wanted to start with a clean slate anyways).

I am presently in the midst of setting my filters up. When using the "stock" MPC:HC as a testbed, using audio switching was sketchy at best, I couldn't get a clean switch from the main TrueHD soundtrack to the DD soundtrack - audio would just be caught in an endless 1- to 2-second loop.

I then installed Haali media splitter, and presto - the audio switching worked fine, BUT - MPC crashed when I exited (after having switched), just as XBMC DS Player did when I did the same things!

I haven't yet re-installed XBMC, but just wanted to pass along that this seems to be a bug with Haali and not DSPlayer XBMC.

Cheers!

EDIT : Alex, will the MPA Audio Decoder and/or FFDShow Audio Decoder not do TrueHD and DTS:HD MA passthrough via HDMI as it is?
I meant xbmc standard when I stated that rather than the dsplayer build. The better decoder/render engine is about the only thing xbmc really needs to be great, to improve h264 playback compatibility and quality (I've got at least a few files that don't behave perfectly with xbmc that don't have any issues with mpc's playback engine, the film mentioned above was one amongst). As far as it goes I'm pretty happy with everything else especially as they are looking at hd passthrough in the next audio engine rebuild, so once dsplayer reaches the same level of integration as dvdplayer, ill be a happy man.

Wholeheartedly concur. So is that on the development front for Eden then, as your post insinuated? Full integration of DSPlayer? Devs might want to look at MediaPortal. I had a quick look at it and preferred XBMC, but MP did have a pretty nifty section in its configuration screens, where it was pretty much as you described : one could actually choose the exact filter used for both MPEG and DXVA playback, using a dropdown menu of available registered filters on the system. Same with audio, as I recall.

Anyhow, back on topic. =)
Guys, I'm Not sure anyone saw the post that Dsplayer will be part of the Dharma Main Branch.......That deserves a HUGE kudos to both Tiben20 and Blinkseb......Big Grin

I was a former Mediaportal user that moved here a year or so ago and one thing I missed was having a player that supported directshow ....salute to u both and others that worked on it...
uncertainty Wrote:Guys, I'm Not sure anyone saw the post that Dsplayer will be part of the Dharma Main Branch.......That deserves a HUGE kudos to both Tiben20 and Blinkseb......Big Grin

I was a former Mediaportal user that moved here a year or so ago and one thing I missed was having a player that supported directshow ....salute to u both and others that worked on it...
Uncertainty - I was under the impression - and I may well have missed something recently - that it was NOT going to be included in Dharma release.

Perhaps Seb and/or Tiben could clarify the position.

Not a major issue as on Dharma release, DSPlayer releases will move to nightly builds.
uncertainty Wrote:Guys, I'm Not sure anyone saw the post that Dsplayer will be part of the Dharma Main Branch.......That deserves a HUGE kudos to both Tiben20 and Blinkseb......Big Grin

I'd be very suprised if it made Dharma. Not that i think DSPlayer is not ready (it's been flawless for me!) , just that with Dharma being so close to release, i'm thinking they wouldn't add such a big feature at such a late stage.

Can you post a link to the post you mention above?

Anyway, like steelman said, not to fussed if it doesn't make Dharma as i'm sure it will be included in the official nightlies soon (and not just a separate DSPlayer nightly)! Wink
  • 70(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0