• 72(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
ramen Wrote:Hi, I tried searching through the various threads for dsplayer for help, but perhaps someone could help me out- I'm pretty new to all of this so if someone could help this idiot out, it'd be much appreciated.

I've used a fresh install and every time I've tried to play an mkv file using dsplayer, the screen defaults back to the file directory I was at. I have since updated to the latest ffdshow codecs, but have had the same results.

my current mediasconfig file for mkv is as such:

<rule filetypes="mkv">
<source filter="mkvsource" />
<splitter filter="mkvsplitter" />
<video filter="ffdvideodec" />
<!-- You can do like that to specifie a DXVA only filters.
If you want to use the same filter for DXVA and non DXVA media, just add
a single <video> line.
<video>
<video dxva="true" filter="mpcvideodec" />
<video filter="mpcvideodec" />
</video> -->
<audio filter="ffdaudiodec" />
<!--<extra>
<extra filter="ac3filter" />
<extra filter="dcgraphiceq" />
</extra>-->
</rule>

and the debug log:

http://pastebin.com/EWN5vnKp

Thanks in advance
DEBUG: CDSGraph::HandleGraphEvent EC_ERRORABORT. Error code: 0x8004022A
That's the problem.
I dont really understand why its doing this.
According to msdn its "This pin cannot use the supplied media type."
Somehow ffdshow is connecting like it should. You can try to change some ffdshow config. Or easier you can try another codec to see if its actually ffdshow the problem.
thanks for the suggestion - tried changing the codec to MS Video Decoder, updated the filtersconfig and mediasconfig files accordingly. Unfortunately, same thing. Screen defaulted to the file selection screen again.

here's the debug log after changing the codec

http://pastebin.com/PCJmhX5Q
ramen Wrote:thanks for the suggestion - tried changing the codec to MS Video Decoder, updated the filtersconfig and mediasconfig files accordingly. Unfortunately, same thing. Screen defaulted to the file selection screen again.

here's the debug log after changing the codec

http://pastebin.com/PCJmhX5Q
i think the evr as something to do with all this.
it cant be a Coincidence that you get twice in a row the error right after GetMixerThread
If i remember when i wrote it 6 or 7 month ago there were media type involved in the creation of the mixer thread. Blinkseb might be more suited to find the problem. This is the kind of reason why directshow "blow" really hard to find a problem with the com threading pattern
I tried another install, left everything to its defaults, and tried again using a different mkv file, same thing.

heres the debug for that:

http://pastebin.com/mvtrUXaC

is there any other information I can provide that might help find a solution?
I've been searching for a couple hours for a solution with no luck, so I'm posting in the hopes someone can help me out (debug log is a bust)

I'm trying to use dcgraphiceq as an extra filter, and everytime I try and open a video, xbmc just crashes on me. As I said, debug log is no help, it just ends-no errors, nothing.

In my mediaconfigs.xml, I have the following:

Code:
<extra>
</extra>

which I believe is correct. Using ffdshow for both video and audio. Any ideas?
TerranQ Wrote:I've been searching for a couple hours for a solution with no luck, so I'm posting in the hopes someone can help me out (debug log is a bust)

I'm trying to use dcgraphiceq as an extra filter, and everytime I try and open a video, xbmc just crashes on me. As I said, debug log is no help, it just ends-no errors, nothing.

In my mediaconfigs.xml, I have the following:

Code:
<extra>
</extra>

which I believe is correct. Using ffdshow for both video and audio. Any ideas?

That should work. Please post the debug log, and explains how it crashes (stop playing, app freeze, app crash, etc.).
AndroIRC - Best IRC client for Android!
blinkseb Wrote:That should work. Please post the debug log, and explains how it crashes (stop playing, app freeze, app crash, etc.).

Just about to head to bed, so I'll post the debug log tomorrow, but by "crashes", I mean I select a file to play, the busy dialog comes up (using night skin, so the little whirling blue circle that shows "busy" displays for a second), then the screen goes black, windows pops up a dialog box saying the program failed unexpectedly and it will check online for a solution (going from memory, so wording isn't exact), then another dialog box pops up asking if I want to close the program now.

Like I said, the debug log shows nothing, it just ends at a random line, but I'll put it up tomorrow for you.
Debug log: http://pastebin.com/JgyGazEh
DSfilterconfig: http://pastebin.com/SqvacQ75

Computer is running Windows 7 32bit on a Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 512MB RAM and a GeForce FX 5200. K-Lite Codec Pack Mega 6.04 is installed.

I'm having trouble playing back certain rmvb files (yeah, *spit* I know) on build r33619. I press play, the "Working" loading bar/throbber spins for a while and then nothing happens.

Here's the MediaInfo on a rmvb file I can't play:
Code:
Format                           : RealMedia
File size                        : 309 MiB
Duration                         : 44mn 21s
Overall bit rate                 : 960 Kbps

Video
ID                               : 1
Format                           : RealVideo 4
Codec ID                         : RV40
Codec ID/Info                    : Based on AVC (H.264), Real Player 9
Bit rate                         : 832 Kbps
Width                            : 720 pixels
Height                           : 408 pixels
Display aspect ratio             : 16:9
Frame rate                       : 25.000 fps
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)               : 0.113
Stream size                      : 264 MiB (85%)

Audio
ID                               : 0
Format                           : AAC
Format/Info                      : Advanced Audio Codec
Codec ID                         : raac
Codec ID/Info                    : Real Player 9
Bit rate                         : 128 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 40.6 MiB (13%)

I believe it's down to the raac audio codec as other rmvb files which use the Cook codec play fine.

Here's the MediaInfo for a rmvb that I can play (only difference is the audio codec used):
Code:
Audio
ID                               : 0
Format                           : Cooker
Codec ID                         : cook
Codec ID/Info                    : Based on G.722.1, Real Player 6
Duration                         : 43mn 54s
Bit rate                         : 64.1 Kbps
Channel(s)                       : 2 channels
Sampling rate                    : 44.1 KHz
Bit depth                        : 16 bits
Stream size                      : 20.1 MiB (10%)

I can however, play the rmvb file with the raac audio fine with the default XBMC player (DVDPlayer) as opposed to DSPlayer. I would use the standard XBMC player and this wouldn't be a problem, except the file stutters like mad and plays back at around 15fps instead of 25fps (the computer is very old). I can play the file with MPC (provided with K-Lite) outside of XBMC as well and with no stutter or other playback issues.

So my question is, is there any way to make DSPlayer play rmvb files which use the raac audio codec?
Nature of the issue: Can not pass DTS-HD through receiver.

I used eac3to 3.24 to extract Iron Man 2 video and the English DTS-HD track using ArcSoft DTS Decoder 1.1.0.0. MKV Merge 4.4.0 was used to mux the files together. XBMC can play it fine with DTS.

Using DSPlayer, however, I can not play DTS-HD. The receiver reads stereo and occasionally blinks DTS-HD for a fraction of a second. I tried enabled 24 and 32-bit and also disabling mixer in FFD show.

DSPlayer Build #: 33619
FFD show tryout revision #: 3326
OS: Windows 7 74-bit with the realtek HDMI 2.55 drivers
Video card: ATI 6850 with hotfix 10.10e

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Here is my pastebin xbmc debug log: http://pastebin.com/jizcuS9Z

Thanks!

Edit to add: Also I noticed the fps is 20 instead of 24?
Not 100% certain but try downloading CCC again and this time install the ATI HDMI driver, uninstalling the Realtek driver (this had some success in playback terms in early days, but has since been surpassed by the ATI Driver).
steelman1991 Wrote:Not 100% certain but try downloading CCC again and this time install the ATI HDMI driver, uninstalling the Realtek driver (this had some success in playback terms in early days, but has since been surpassed by the ATI Driver).
I'll give it a shot, queue stupid question: what's CCC?
Are you using Haali as the source/splitter? There's a bug with Haali where an MKV muxed with anything other than MakeMKV won't bitstream DTS-HD.

If so, use MKVSplitter instead.

Cheers Wink
testmetest Wrote:I'll give it a shot, queue stupid question: what's CCC?
Catalyst Control Centre

Liquid - think he's already using the mkvsplitter if the OSD is correct.
Teach me for not looking at the screens or reading debug! Big Grin Strange as the symptoms are an exact match.

Also try updating ffdshow... http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-tryouts-...t-x86-x64/
Thanks steelman1991 and liquidskin76 for your replies, steelman's idea to try the ATI HDMI drivers instead of realtek's HDMI driver did the trick!

Full DTS-HD Master Audio glory!

Thanks again!
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0