• 73(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Anyone offer up any help.. I'm using DSplayer and I'm not getting any audio until i jump ahead in the video, then... it just loops about one second of audio as it plays the video...

Any Ideas?
Would i be able to use AC3Filter for my audio and madVR with this?

And is it beeing updated still or has development ceased?
e2zippo Wrote:Would i be able to use AC3Filter for my audio and madVR with this?

ac3filter is supported but not madVR atm
e2zippo Wrote:Would i be able to use AC3Filter for my audio and madVR with this?

not ceased ,still in development
tiben20 Wrote:not ceased ,still in development
That's great, looking forward to madVR support Tongue
How many, if any of the features in the Dharma release are integrated into the new DSplayer builds? I'm always a little unsure about what difference between the main trunk and these releases.
OK, so it's 2 am here, and I'm fried now. My original intent for using the DSPlayer build on my Windows 7 HTPC, was to gain the ability to play 1080i videos. Since installing the latest stable DS build, all I get is audio, and no video, on any resolution video.

Just to make sure I wasn't going crazy, I confirmed that any of my videos (aside from the 1080i ones) have no problem playing in VLC, so I'm not sure if it's an issue with the XML for this build, or with Ffdshow. Can anyone help me out here? I have a hunch it's going to be some extremely dumb and obvious issue, but I could use a fresh set of eyes. Thanks.
You should post in the dedicate thread, as DSPlayer is unsupported otherwise, unless something changed.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Roger. Thanks.
Hi, I'm a new user to XBMC, and decided to try DSplayer, as DVDplayer takes 20 seconds to open a lot of my videos for some reason. I'm using the last official DSplayer XBMC build, from September.

I modified the mediasconfig.xml so DSplayer uses CoreAVC video decoder, Haali for Source and Splitter, and FFDShow for audio. I also use the same settings in MPC-HC.

If I open a HD video with DTS audio in MPC-HC (using the same filters), the audio plays fine (I have FFDShow set to pass-through DTS). If I play the same video with DSplayer, I get no sound (the receiver does say DTS though). The log file doesn't indicate any problems, I see where it loads the mediasconfig.xml and it says it loads successfully.

Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

I'd also like to hear what the consensus is for best DSplayer configuration for best overall quality. Is CoreAVC the best HD decoder? I saw a few posts praising pixel shader 18 for SD content, I plan on trying that for AVI.

Also if anyone has input on why DVDplayer takes so long to open movies I'd be interested in knowing that too. Also no apparent problems in the log file, but most of the movies I tried to play took 10-20 seconds to start playing. Some of them were x264, others were xvid or high bitrate xvid. Strangely, some HD tv shows opened immediately. Everything starts playing immediately using DSplayer or MPC-HC.

All of my videos are located on another computer on the LAN. I added them to the library using smb:// network location. I did a LAN speed test from the same network location, and transfer speed averaged 81MB/s (bytes not bits), so that's not the problem.

Thanks for any help
@GRSHOPR and others

To try and make things easier I've put together a quick set-up guide using Shark 007 Codec and DSPlayer.

The set-up is based on a default DSPlayer installation. There is no need to make any alterations to the DSPlayer mediaconfig file - all playback changes are made in Sharks Config

First things first - download Shark Codec from here http://shark007.net/win7codecs.html. GRSHOPR - untick recommendede settings and reset your Shark config from the button on the bottom left of the config screen prior to following this guide.

x64 users - Please note there is an additional component required from Shark codec for x64 compatibility - see here for download and instructions http://shark007.net/x64components.html

First screen in config GUI

Misc tab - make sure Haali is disabled, if not it can play havoc with HD Audio bitstream (if you have the correct hardware to do so).

Audio Tab - Check FFDShow S/PDIF pass-through 'Use pass-through' Shark will automatically set FFDShow to use 'same as input' in FFDShow Audio output

From the Config Tab - 1st screenshot - choose the FFDShow Audio Config Tab and ensure that the correct codecs are checked for passthrough - if your hardware only supports DD/DTS, there is no need to check the HD Audio codecs.

H264 Tab - ensure that mpc-hc is checked as per the screenshot

Choose the Configure option on 'Use MPC-HC DXVA codec' which will take you to the following screen. You may have to change the 'Decoding Thread Number' dependant on your CPU.

From this screen choose the 'Codecs Tab' - ensure that the first 4 boxes are checked

Moving to the MKV tab, make sure that 'Use Gabest's Splitter' is checked

In MPG~MP4 screen ensure MPEG2 playback is set to use FFDShow

Again from Configuration screen (screenshot 1) choose FFDShow Video Config and ensure that MPEG2 playback is set

From here you should be good to go - hopefully Big Grin
@ steelman1991

Excellent guides, maybe they can be linked to in the first post as it will be helpful to a lot of people ( I will also add a link to my writeup on DSPlayer)
Cheers,
Damian

blog - http://www.adigitalhomeblog.com
MSS.net blog (contributing editor) - http://www.mediasmartserver.net
dbone1026 Wrote:@ steelman1991

Excellent guides, maybe they can be linked to in the first post as it will be helpful to a lot of people ( I will also add a link to my writeup on DSPlayer)

Done...thanks Steelman.

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
Thanks guys hope they will help newer users get a more satisfying start to using DSPlayer. They are basic, but once the user is up and running and understands the relationship between the DSPlayer and Direct Show, they can then start to tinker.
  • 73(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0