• 75(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
Here's the log. I'm thinking audio issues?

http://pastebin.com/8pbTPc16
Thank you Steelman for this writeup. However, I'm finding myself also with some problems. What do you mean with "default DSPlayer installation"?
Do I need DSPLAYER to declare into the advancedsettings.xml? And what are the settings within XBMC itself?

I followed your guide, but without setting up advancedsettings.xml it just uses DVDplayer within XBMC. When I do setup advancedsettings.xml it almost won't play anything, at least not m2ts files with DTS-HD tracks.

With the shark-codecpack you don't need to install latest ffdshow or MPH-HC?

BTW, I'm using a clean Win7 install, Ati Radeon 5450 with 10.12 drivers and the stuff in your guide.

Pastebin for XBMC-log: http://pastebin.com/dq5zqqwN
GRSHOPR Wrote:Here's the log. I'm thinking audio issues?

http://pastebin.com/8pbTPc16
I'm guessing at this point, but I'm more inclined to think x64 issue.

There is a seperate x64 component that should be downloaded and installed from the Shark site - here http://shark007.net/x64components.html (I will update the guide accordingly). Unless you have already installed It might be the problem - try it and report back.

Sorry wasn't aware of it as I only run 32bit.
invad3r Wrote:Thank you Steelman for this writeup. However, I'm finding myself also with some problems. What do you mean with "default DSPlayer installation"?
Do I need DSPLAYER to declare into the advancedsettings.xml? And what are the settings within XBMC itself?

I followed your guide, but without setting up advancedsettings.xml it just uses DVDplayer within XBMC. When I do setup advancedsettings.xml it almost won't play anything, at least not m2ts files with DTS-HD tracks.

With the shark-codecpack you don't need to install latest ffdshow or MPH-HC?

BTW, I'm using a clean Win7 install, Ati Radeon 5450 with 10.12 drivers and the stuff in your guide.

Pastebin for XBMC-log: http://pastebin.com/dq5zqqwN
By default installation I just meant that no changes were required to any of the file structure to enable playback - a bog standard installation should suffice.

You still need to declare in advancesettings.xml DSPlayer if you want it to be the default player in preference to the internal DVDPlayer.

No seperate FFDShow/MPC-HC installations are required - all codecs are downloaded with Shark

If your files have been ripped to BluRay folder structure - then I had the same problem - I couldn't get DSPlayer to play in that format. I don't have any in that format now (all have been ripped to mkv format - main movie only). DVDPlayer does play them, but only the biggest mt2s file it finds and isn't JAVA enabled therefore won't play menus etc.

Might want to ask the question in the main Development thread.
steelman1991 Wrote:I'm guessing at this point, but I'm more inclined to think x64 issue.

There is a seperate x64 component that should be downloaded and installed from the Shark site - here http://shark007.net/x64components.html (I will update the guide accordingly). Unless you have already installed It might be the problem - try it and report back.

Sorry wasn't aware of it as I only run 32bit.

Downloaded, and installed. Nothing new. Log is below. And is it just me, or is invad3r having the same issue I am?

http://pastebin.com/1wrPLStK
Good afternoon to all of you
Could you please reply me regarding my post 1109 ?
Thanks for your attention
SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote:1.Interlaced handling
2. Video scaling method
3.also in Settings\video\Playback\Render method
4.Settings\video\Dsplayer\ what to use in Use VMR9 or EVR RENDERER ?

1. Auto
2. Bilinear/Bicubic
3. Ignore, thats a DVDPlayer (xbmc's default player) not DSPlayer setting
4. Use default EVR, VMR9 is for WinXP machines
i3-2100 /w Scythe Big Shuriken Cooler, 4GB RAM, GT430 Passive, 40GB SSD boot drive, 2TB 5400RPM internal media drive, 2TB external drive, Nexus 430W PSU, Nexus case fans

Feeding Yamaha RX-V1800, Panasonic 42PZ80 Plasma, Mission 753/Quad speaker surround kit
GRSHOPR Wrote:Downloaded, and installed. Nothing new. Log is below. And is it just me, or is invad3r having the same issue I am?

http://pastebin.com/1wrPLStK
Go into System\Video\DSPlayer\
and have a play with the audio settings from there - I have mine set to Default Direct (Can't remember the exact setting, but change them around and see if it makes a difference)

I don't know are you trying to play from a BluRay folder structure or mkv, or what?
steelman1991 Wrote:Go into System\Video\DSPlayer\
and have a play with the audio settings from there - I have mine set to Default Direct (Can't remember the exact setting, but change them around and see if it makes a difference)

I don't know are you trying to play from a BluRay folder structure or mkv, or what?

I'm just trying to play a straight .m2ts file. Another thing I just thought of- should I uninstall the shark 32 bit? The x64 is called an add-on, but it seems like it's its own entirely separate program.
alexrose1uk Wrote:1. Auto
2. Bilinear/Bicubic
3. Ignore, thats a DVDPlayer (xbmc's default player) not DSPlayer setting
4. Use default EVR, VMR9 is for WinXP machines
Thanks for your reply.
1. ok
2. ok
3. I am using Dvdplayer
4. I am using WIN7
GRSHOPR Wrote:I'm just trying to play a straight .m2ts file. Another thing I just thought of- should I uninstall the shark 32 bit? The x64 is called an add-on, but it seems like it's its own entirely separate program.
No to the uninstall - they need one another I believe.

The only other thing I can think off at the moment - are your ATI Drivers up to date? and is there a reason why you are using the Realtek ATI HDMI driver and not the ATI one that comes bundled with the Catalyst Control Centre. Admittedly we are running different GFX cards (I'm running an HD5670), but I always found the Realtek ATI HDMI drivers troublesome.

Did you have a play with the sound settings?

Could you upload a small sample of the file your trying to play to mediafire or similar.
steelman1991 Wrote:No to the uninstall - they need one another I believe.

The only other thing I can think off at the moment - are your ATI Drivers up to date? and is there a reason why you are using the Realtek ATI HDMI driver and not the ATI one that comes bundled with the Catalyst Control Centre. Admittedly we are running different GFX cards (I'm running an HD5670), but I always found the Realtek ATI HDMI drivers troublesome.

Did you have a play with the sound settings?

I'm at work still, so I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. What sound controller should I be using? The realtek is the one the was defaulted on, so I've never messed with it. ATI drivers are up to date as far as I know. Last updated in october of 2010
GRSHOPR Wrote:I'm at work still, so I haven't had a chance to play with them yet. What sound controller should I be using? The realtek is the one the was defaulted on, so I've never messed with it. ATI drivers are up to date as far as I know. Last updated in october of 2010
I use 'Direct Sound: ATI HDMI Output', might be worthwhile tinkering with the others if that's the one you already have.

CCC & Drivers - check them I'm at 10.12 (which were released in December). If you decide to update carry out a full install to include the ATI HDMI Driver included with the package, for the reasons in the previous post.
steelman1991 Wrote:I use 'Direct Sound: ATI HDMI Output', might be worthwhile tinkering with the others if that's the one you already have.

CCC & Drivers - check them I'm at 10.12 (which were released in December). If you decide to update carry out a full install to include the ATI HDMI Driver included with the package, for the reasons in the previous post.

Just tried all the different audio outputs, no change. I'm wondering, if maybe, the Realtek drivers are interfering?? My HDMI is onboard my mobo, so I thought I needed them as well, but I'll try uninstalling them. Also, when I was trying the files, for each setting, I always got "error in audio rendering chain" in one of the three tests. I'm trying to play .m2ts files, and I'm using one of each AVC, VC-1, and MPEG2, to test out the settings on. All the files are untouched quality rips of Blu-Rays, and are maintaining the video profiles of BD (4.1).
Steelman, thank you so much for the beginner's guide. I followed it exactly (as well as making DSplayer the default player for all video files), but it's not working. I tried an AVI file and a MKV H264 file, neither worked. Both work using DVDplayer.

I enabled debugging and entire log is here:

Pastebin Log

Specifically, the errors (for both AVI and MKV) are:
ERROR: CFGLoader::InsertSourceFilter Failed to load file in the splitter/source
ERROR: CFGLoader::LoadFilterRules Failed to insert the source filter
ERROR: CFGManager::RenderFileXbmc Failed to load filters rules

Any ideas?

Thanks
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0