• 3(current)
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread
tdw197 Wrote:Right Ive managed to get reclock working for sd content, but only if use powerdvd filter - not a problem as I like it.

However, it doesn't seem to work with any content which had dd or dts soundtrack - I've enabled ffdshow to pass these through to my amp. Should I disable this? If so can reclock pass it through?

Cheers, tom

How have you done this, might be worth posting you config (you pastebin). I use ac3filter, and I set reclock (outside of the config) to be the default directsound device and that just works.

Is your rig outputting sound direct to the amp, or via TV passthrough?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
eriksmith200 Wrote:I hope someone can help me with choosing the right filters and settings for my scenario:

Most importantly I want to achieve the smoothest possible playback on a tv that is stuck at 60Hz. I play mostly 720p stuff on a 720p tv, I don't care about upscaling, deblocking, noise reduction etc. My CPU can handle 720p stuff fine so squeezing out that extra 1% of CPU load reduction is not important for me (I'm just hoping that my htpc will run slightly cooler & quieter).

Any advice? Smile

Assuming your content is 23.97, thats a hard one, because reclock cant (to my knowledge) help that much with 24 to 60hz.

Anyone else have a view?

K
LG OLED55BX6LB, Zidoo Z1000 Pro (ZDMC 20.2 Arctic Zephyr 2 Resurrection), Yamaha RX-A3060, Polk Signature Fronts & Centre, Wharfedale D300 Atmos surrounds, Heco Victa Prime Sub 252A, DSPeaker Antimode 8033 Cinema
blinkseb Wrote:You know, uou just need to register on the wiki and you can freely edit the article Wink It's so long to do, and I'm really busy at this time (school project, exams, dsplayer, ...). So, if you want to add something, you're more than welcome Laugh

Ok Seb, thanks for that - one of us will look into it. Good luck with the exams!

K
oldpainless Wrote:How have you done this, might be worth posting you config (you pastebin). I use ac3filter, and I set reclock (outside of the config) to be the default directsound device and that just works.

Is your rig outputting sound direct to the amp, or via TV passthrough?

K

Hmm, didn't think of ac3filter.

So.... Install ac3filter, set it as default audiodec in dsfilter for everything, then in reclock config set it to be default direct sound

I'm using the spdif out of my revo direct to my amp - which only handles standard dd and dts
tdw197 Wrote:Hmm, didn't think of ac3filter.

So.... Install ac3filter, set it as default audiodec in dsfilter for everything, then in reclock config set it to be default direct sound

I'm using the spdif out of my revo direct to my amp - which only handles standard dd and dts

Did you try the link I gave you earlier in thread to set-up ReClock? No need for AC3Filter unless you want it. ffdshow is sufficient to pass-thru audio. Set it up exactly as it is in the article and you'll get dd/dts pass thru - I do with a very similar set-up to you.

Here it is again http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152520
steelman1991 Wrote:Did you try the link I gave you earlier in thread to set-up ReClock? No need for AC3Filter unless you want it. ffdshow is sufficient to pass-thru audio. Set it up exactly as it is in the article and you'll get dd/dts pass thru - I do with a very similar set-up to you.

I had a look at it, and will do again now, but it seemed heavily biased in favour of mpc, i thought i would try the easy way first (and failed miserably!)

will try ac3filter first (i used to use it in my old mediaportal htpc and liked it), but if i still fail i will have a go through the guide.
I thought you were using mpc as your default player - sorry. Yes it is weighted in mpc favour, but just ignore that part and set reclock up as in the article and you should be OK. I've tried with ffdshow config as well and it works OK.
I'm using DSplayer with the PowerDVD codec's that came bundled on my Acer Revo R1600 and its been working perfectly now for at least a month. The one thing I miss is subtitles -- the hearing just isn't what it used to be Sad. Has anyone found a way to get subtitles to work with this or another configuration? I am playing back mpeg2 hidef recordings made from cable. My system is a single-core Atom and ION-LE graphics, so I am dependent on ION hardware acceleration for successful playback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc
steelman1991 Wrote:Did you try the link I gave you earlier in thread to set-up ReClock? No need for AC3Filter unless you want it. ffdshow is sufficient to pass-thru audio. Set it up exactly as it is in the article and you'll get dd/dts pass thru - I do with a very similar set-up to you.

Mr Steelman....would you mind if we use this as our 1st "how to" in the thread header?

K
marc.aronson Wrote:I'm using DSplayer with the PowerDVD codec's that came bundled on my Acer Revo R1600 and its been working perfectly now for at least a month. The one thing I miss is subtitles -- the hearing just isn't what it used to be Sad. Has anyone found a way to get subtitles to work with this or another configuration? I am playing back mpeg2 hidef recordings made from cable. My system is a single-core Atom and ION-LE graphics, so I am dependent on ION hardware acceleration for successful playback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc

Hi Marc,

Subs are very nearly fixed (seb if nearly there)....it kinda works for some types of subs in the latest build (as of today), but still has some issues...

I'd hold tight until the next build....hopefully not long to wait (although Seb has some exams at the mo).

K
oldpainless Wrote:Mr Steelman....would you mind if we use this as our 1st "how to" in the thread header?

K

No need for the formality it ain't Sunday yet Laugh

Anything on here is fair game as far as I'm concerned - no need to ask permission just go for it.
marc.aronson Wrote:I'm using DSplayer with the PowerDVD codec's that came bundled on my Acer Revo R1600 and its been working perfectly now for at least a month. The one thing I miss is subtitles -- the hearing just isn't what it used to be Sad. Has anyone found a way to get subtitles to work with this or another configuration? I am playing back mpeg2 hidef recordings made from cable. My system is a single-core Atom and ION-LE graphics, so I am dependent on ION hardware acceleration for successful playback. Thanks in advance for your help!

Marc

I am successfully rendering subtitles (.srt format, included in mkv container, for all formats, H264, MPEG etc) in the latest dsplayer config. Some users are experiencing that subtitles stop after a period of time. My subs are mostly for non-english parts,therefore aren't on for any great period of time.

Though as Painless says there are issues with other formats. For a lot of users its basically a case of tyr it and see if it works- remember and activate subtitles from the XBMC OSD while playing back a file.
steelman1991 Wrote:No need for the formality it ain't Sunday yet Laugh

Anything on here is fair game as far as I'm concerned - no need to ask permission just go for it.

lol....Laugh...ok...well, 1st "how to" it is then.

K
Glad to see that this thread is being linked from the DSPlayer thread. And thanks for considering my suggestions Big Grin
macmel Wrote:Glad to see that this thread is being linked from the DSPlayer thread. And thanks for considering my suggestions Big Grin

Hey, thanks for the input.

K
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Internal Directshow Based Player - USERS support thread0