After installing Ubuntu and XBMC WHATS NEXT
Is there some kind of tutorial to show me what extras to install for the xbmc? One problem I ran into was that everytime I try to go to hardware drivers I get a popup telling me that my nvidia driver is activated. I have never used linux before today so I am not really sure what I need to do regarding this matter. Any recommendation as to what to do next will be greatly appreciated.
I'm a little confused on your question. Do you mean you want addons and plugins from within XBMC, or are you still trying to get XBMC to work and play nice w/ Linux?
natethomas Wrote:I'm a little confused on your question. Do you mean you want addons and plugins from within XBMC, or are you still trying to get XBMC to work and play nice w/ Linux?

XBMC is working well but I was talking about setting up the htpc with my network (windows) and streaming music and videos from my main PC. I also want to get the plugins and addons installed. Like I said before, I have never used Ubuntu. Also, regarding VDPAU libraries do they come loaded or do I need to do something to load them?
Can you tell what version of Ubuntu you are using? (Desktop / Server / Minimal / XBMC Live) > 8.04, 8.10, 9.04, 9.10.
Desktop 9.10
After installing the Nvidia Drivers, make sure that the Libvdpau package is installed >
Code:
sudo apt-get install libvdpau1
(Only if you have a VDPau capable graphics card) And enable VDpau under the Video Playback settings.
You can make XBMC autostart, by adding it to the startup items, so it will autostart on startup.
You can set-up samba, bij open the 'Sharing' control applet and share folders.
HTPC Specs: GA-MA78GM-S2h 1.0, 2GB Ram, Samsung S203B DVDrw, AMD Phenom X3 8650, Antec Fusion V2 Black, 1.5TB HDD, GeForce 9500GT running Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC from SVN
CharlesNasi Wrote:After installing the Nvidia Drivers, make sure that the Libvdpau package is installed >
Code:
sudo apt-get install libvdpau1
(Only if you have a VDPau capable graphics card) And enable VDpau under the Video Playback settings.
You can make XBMC autostart, by adding it to the startup items, so it will autostart on startup.
You can set-up samba, bij open the 'Sharing' control applet and share folders.

Isn't it smart to add the VDPAU PPA before installing that lib?

https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After installing Ubuntu and XBMC WHATS NEXT0