• 6(current)
[LINUX] HOW-TO get AmbX with X11 working using Boblight and CombustD
Thanks Smile Updated
Help please......

I've ordered a AmbX kit and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I throught I'd get everything installed and setup, however when I get to step 6 of Kode's guide I get the following error:-
Code:
Package libc6-dev-i386 is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
E: Package libc6-dev-i386 has no installation candidate

My system is running XBMCfreak live v14 installed to my internal HD. I have no clue how to fix this. Any ideas please.
just remove that package from the list, the guide does mention that

*edit* try
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc libusb-dev ruby ruby-dev libportaudio-dev libavdevice-dev libswscale-dev libavformat-dev libavcodec-dev libxrender-dev libsdl1.2-dev libx11-dev

*edit2* i've removed libc6-dev-i386 from the guide as it doesn't seem to be needed
Thanks Kode, I'm an idiot, your guide does say thatBlush I've got as far as step 10, once my AmbX kit arrives I'll give it a try and post back.
Whoa! Cool that there are also other members are experimenting with the ambx lights! Cool to see improvements and mods in the scripts!
HTPC Specs: GA-MA78GM-S2h 1.0, 2GB Ram, Samsung S203B DVDrw, AMD Phenom X3 8650, Antec Fusion V2 Black, 1.5TB HDD, GeForce 9500GT running Ubuntu 10.04 and XBMC from SVN
Also used Jaaps scripts, worked like a charm, perfect setup Smile

Kudos for you!
koekjestrommel: play with the saturation, timing, speed and value settings, they will help you get a better effect
hello,

i've bought a AMBX starterkit from ebay for 20€.

It works but it stutters my video's. I use a mac mini C2D 1.83 with 1gb ram and a crystal HD decoder.

any thoughts? Are you guys playing 720p and 1080p video's?

greetings
Are you using Windows or Live/Linux? If Live/Linux what settings are you using? Mine works fine with 720p and 1080p

*edit* half asleep, Are you using the mac specific version of xbmc? and again, what are your settings
Kode Wrote:Are you using Windows or Live/Linux? If Live/Linux what settings are you using? Mine works fine with 720p and 1080p

*edit* half asleep, Are you using the mac specific version of xbmc? and again, what are your settings

i'm on linux ubuntu karmic, xbmc v28256, crystal hd 1.03

boblight-X11 -s 10 -t 0.1 -a 20 -x --> works

boblight-X11 -s 10 -t 0.1 -a 20 --> stutters

as I understand it should be the other way around??
I thought -x used the slower one as well, though its actually a little ambiguous depending on whether (slow!) is to using -x or whether its saying XShmGetImage (used by default) is slow, only bob can answer that one. Have you tried setting different values to see if it makes any difference? Also, if -x is working for you, does it matter?
Depends on your setup which one is faster, for me XShmGetImage is the faster one.
However boblight-X11 from http://code.google.com/p/boblight/ can use XRender to scale down the root window before copying it into system ram, which is the fastest by far.
Sadly it doesn't work too well when using it on nvidia with flipping on and a fullscreen opengl app.
bobo1on1 Wrote:Depends on your setup which one is faster, for me XShmGetImage is the faster one.
However boblight-X11 from http://code.google.com/p/boblight/ can use XRender to scale down the root window before copying it into system ram, which is the fastest by far.
Sadly it doesn't work too well when using it on nvidia with flipping on and a fullscreen opengl app.

I'm using an intel gpu GMA950, how can I test this Xrender?? When I use the default, (XShmGetImage?) setting I get framedrops and stutter, CPU at 80%
A vid of how its look at me now Laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLt_

Again, thanks guys Big Grin
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] HOW-TO get AmbX with X11 working using Boblight and CombustD0