[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod
Aside from the blue panels, that's actually quite nice mate. Are you using recolored panels or a diffuse or something?
Recolored. I've made a bunch of them but that color suits my taste.

Reminds me the xbox Dashboard

Cheers
Nessus
You have any screens using the normal panels?
Not at the moment but i can post some of them tomorrow.

Cheers
Nessus
Sweet, thanks mate.
Here it is with the normal panels...

Keep in mind that i don't remember if these panels are from your version or from `Black's 1080 version since i am using in my mod's things from both versions.

Cheers
Nessus
Would it be difficult to mod your mod so instead of using fanart it uses landscape.jpg inside the panels?

Panel view with the landscape images for TV Shows would be such a great fit. Since you already have the fanart displaying in the background, landscape images showing the name of the show with it's logo would still keep your view very clean as it is now. Pretty much exactly how BONES is being displayed in your screenshot there.
Rygrath Wrote:Would it be difficult to mod your mod so instead of using fanart it uses landscape.jpg inside the panels?

Shouldn't be difficult but.... what is the landscape.jpg. Never used. Is this means that i have to add one more image file to every tv show ?. I have already in the root of every tv show all these image files : season thumbs, folder, fanart, clearart and logo. I am not adding another one.

Sorry but..... i like it like that.

Cheers
Nessus
zepfan Wrote:Nice! Are these the correct aspect ratio? I've noticed that the one provided distorts the fan art in the icon set.

I really don't now. I've just mod this view type from mcborzu. I didn't touch the aspect ratio.

Cheers
Nessus
nessus Wrote:I really don't now. I've just mod this view type from mcborzu. I didn't touch the aspect ratio.

Cheers
Nessus

And I grabbed from this mod, which he probably grabbed from the Home screen. The ratio seems like a cross between square and 16:9. My thoughts were it kept the Xperience look and wasn't worth the trouble to change the ratio to 16:9...

And, nessus, I like the look of these panels has going...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
nessus Wrote:Shouldn't be difficult but.... what is the landscape.jpg. Never used. Is this means that i have to add one more image file to every tv show ?. I have already in the root of every tv show all these image files : season thumbs, folder, fanart, clearart and logo. I am not adding another one.

Sorry but..... i like it like that.

Cheers
Nessus

Sorry, thought landscape.jpg was pretty well known by now. Yes it is another image file. They are close to the ratio that your screen shot shows (356x200 is the standard size). But instead of using the logo.png on top of the fanart, you simply use a landscape.jpg. No resizing of fanart images needed.

http://www.xbmcstuff.com has a huge collection of many tv shows with landscape art. Ember Media Manager can even scrape them along with the clear art with the xbmcstuff module they have. Works a treat.

Think it was made for Aeon initially but a few more skins like Alaska Revisited and Night are using them. There's even a thread on here discussing it. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84800

Basically it just gives users more freedom in choosing a view type for them and gives skinners some freedom coming up with viewtypes to use them as well. Landscape.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, folder/poster.jpg. Those would be the extent of image files for view types, not that bad really.

Apologies for being long winded about something simple. I'm just a big supporter of using these various view type image files when it seems appropriate.

I just really like the look of that screen shot and figured it'd be a good place for a landscape image is all. I really should learn how to code so I can mod these little things Smile
mcborzu Wrote:And, nessus, I like the look of these panels has going...

Thanks mcborzu. Glad to here that from a skilled skinner like you.

Although i like the mod the way it is i think it needs two more things to become my favorite viewtype for TV Shows. Unfortunately my coding skills are limited. So i was wondering if you can help with that.

The first thing is for the Up One Level icon and panel .

I like to completely remove the icon (folder) and the panel and move around the panels like in the Xperience Home screen. For me the need for this is less than the result I want. Experimented a lot with the code to do this but didn't succeed.

The second thing that i need coding help is for the animation. How can have the same animation (logo moving from bottom to top) for all panels and not just for the first and last panel ?.

Would appreciate any help from you or anyone else can help.

Thanks

Cheers
Nessus
Think I can help you there.

Settings > Appearance > File Lists > "Show parent folder items" Uncheck that. Removes the "go up" arrows from everywhere I believe.
Rygrath Wrote:Think I can help you there.

Settings > Appearance > File Lists > "Show parent folder items" Uncheck that. Removes the "go up" arrows from everywhere I believe.

Yea thats the only way, a skin can't control that...

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Rygrath Wrote:Sorry, thought landscape.jpg was pretty well known by now. Yes it is another image file. They are close to the ratio that your screen shot shows (356x200 is the standard size). But instead of using the logo.png on top of the fanart, you simply use a landscape.jpg. No resizing of fanart images needed.

http://www.xbmcstuff.com has a huge collection of many tv shows with landscape art. Ember Media Manager can even scrape them along with the clear art with the xbmcstuff module they have. Works a treat.

Think it was made for Aeon initially but a few more skins like Alaska Revisited and Night are using them. There's even a thread on here discussing it. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=84800

Basically it just gives users more freedom in choosing a view type for them and gives skinners some freedom coming up with viewtypes to use them as well. Landscape.jpg, banner.jpg, logo.png, clearart.png, folder/poster.jpg. Those would be the extent of image files for view types, not that bad really.

Apologies for being long winded about something simple. I'm just a big supporter of using these various view type image files when it seems appropriate.

I just really like the look of that screen shot and figured it'd be a good place for a landscape image is all. I really should learn how to code so I can mod these little things Smile

No need to apologize for anything. After all.... doesn't sound so bad idea, except for the ONE MORE image file. Anyway... like i say on my previous post asking help from mcborzu my coding skills are very limited and they are enough for coding small mods like the screen you saw. Nothing more.

Sorry if i cant be more helpful.

Cheers
Nessus

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod0