[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod
mcborzu Wrote:Whew, thx. I've seen from other posts you are using W7 also, right Paul?
Not yet but i will be from this friday when i receive my new asrock ion 330HT.
For now i am still using XP Pro service pack 3. Hopefully all will be as smooth on that machine like it is now great skin great mods and fantastic xbmc = me very happyBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
using SVN:28256 on vista32b
I'm using 7 with Aeon65, everything works flawlessly. Thanks! Too bad the mod is only for landscape view (don't work with tv posters) but I hope phil65 can take it from here and include this mod in other views.

I will contribute with some logos this week. Thanks again!
works fine here, also using win 7 x64 with rev 28016 (dsplayer build).
zachmo826 Wrote:Yep, followed your instructions and added the XML's it displays the fanart across the panels but it treats all the tv shows as items with no logo. Does it have anything to do with the fact that my files are on a network server and not on the local machine?

I doubled checked that too, works locally for me and on my htpc in the living room...My next guess is maybe people aren't running with administrator rights? Just a guess?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
Make sure you copy the modified xml to the 720p folder. It was zipped up in xperience/720, so if you just unzip it to your skins folder, it's not going to be in the right folder.
In my haste to correct file view I had one of the fanarts bleeding through on Panels episode view, the download in the first post is corrected...

I'm still unable to get it to work properly. I'm running Win 7 Ultimate and using PC build 28275. I've tried the run as admin option but still no logos for me. I've also tried this with the confluence mod and got the same results.
I even tried other builds, still worked for me. If you want you could post a debug log or here is another way to pull logos by:

1. create a folder in Xperience/media called "logos"
2. place your logos in there and name them exactly as the show, i.e:
----24.png
----battlestar gallactica (2003).png
----chuck.png
----flashforward.png
3. Download THIS modified .xml *this assumes you already applied the previous mod...

Tried that method and no luck, I'm not sure whats up cause extra thumbs work in other skins. Maybe its something with my tv show database?

EDIT: That method worked when using the confluence skin for me, but still no luck with xperience
zachmo826

well good to know extrathumbs in other skins work, it basically the same code. Don't worry about your database, these are pulled in realtime not from the database like your covers/fanart...

Just to know knock out any variables, try this COPY of Xperience...this copy is expecting the logos in the root folder...i.e:

c:/tv/LOST
--------folder.jpg
--------fanart.jpg
--------logo.png

Hmm, still no luck for me. I'll try a few more things once I get back to my house today.

EDIT: Tried again with several different builds and all of the skins, the only one that worked for me was Confluence using the logo folder method. Eh, maybe it will work once you release your skin.
***UPDATE***

In case anyone had trouble with logos displaying I learned, thx Ronie, that I needed to use "Largeimage" otherwise there is some type of smb issue.

Everything should be good now. Link at top of first page reflects the change.

this is weird, i DO get the logo's etc but it seems to break all the views? I just copied over all of the files in the 720 folder to the 720p folder of a brandnew untouched beta bravo folder on the latest nightly of xbmc.

it seems to just overlay the view over the other views, it's the same for all of them and it doesn't have it's own viewname in the select view options window...?

@daan

Thx for speaking in screenshots makes things easier. Anyways, real simple I forgot to upload MyVideoNav.xml.

The 1st post refelcts the correction. Either just add the missing file, MyVideoNav.xml, or overwrite them all. Tested on a fresh copy should be good...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] New Viewtype and Logo mod0