• 102(current)
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread
The new site is live, currently only the clearlogos section is done, but that part should be functional, theres bound to be some bugs, and its not 100% finished yet, but should be fine, so let me know if you find any issues.

The link to the old site automatically forwards to the new site.

You can now upload an image without having to first make a request, just browse / search for the show you want, or enter the thetvdbid if it isn't currently in the show database, and you have 2 options on the right, to make a request or to upload an image.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
i'm not the photoshop expert -not even a beginner- so could someone please please please add a clearlogo for "Thunder In Paradise" http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=78583&lid=7

thank you
vanMiez: make a request on the site http://fanart.tv/clearlogos/

*edit* All the requests have been purged, so if you have made a request, you will need to redo it, sorry about that but the new system of requesting is different to the old.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
I'd really like to know who keeps asking for "Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters" so I can hunt him down and torture him/her to death . Tongue

Every time a purge is done it's the first one to be requested again...

I'm almost tempted to make it from scratch...almost. Wink
LOL, actually it was me this time, i had to add a couple to test the system and i just picked some at random
Kode Wrote:LOL, actually it was me this time, i had to add a couple to test the system and i just picked some at random

In that case, I'll seriously consider it. Wink

The source image doesn't work yet, right? I uploaded an image file for Iron Man (2010) but it doesn't show up.
it doent show up on the front end yet, but it shows up in the back end, if you go to the control panel, then on the left hand side go to ClearLOGOs / requests, it will go to pending images first, go to requests and it shows all the requests with any resources that have been attached
Worked it out...
Worked what out? lol

If its something to do with the site, let me know, because if you have to work something out, then its not clear enough and I need to fix that Smile
Ok... a few of you out there who will remain nameless are simply linking the thetvdb page for a series when requesting.
You are @*$&ing retarded. We are capable of finding thetvdb page on our own... If you aren't going to take sourcing seriously then gtfo.

p.s. Those of you listing fonts are awesome, but atleast one person linked to a commercial font which sells for like 70$... (this is not helpful)
p.p.s. If you're going to post blurry 305x229 gif image you may as well not post anything as it is much less insulting.
hikaricore Wrote:Ok... a few of you out there who will remain nameless are simply linking the thetvdb page for a series when requesting.
You are @*$&ing retarded. We are capable of finding thetvdb page on our own... If you aren't going to take sourcing seriously then gtfo.

p.s. Those of you listing fonts are awesome, but atleast one person linked to a commercial font which sells for like 70$... (this is not helpful)
p.p.s. If you're going to post blurry 305x229 gif image you may as well not post anything as it is much less insulting.

With all due respect for your efforts, hikaricore, I have to disagree with your post-scripts.

Linking to a font is helpful, whether it's commercial or expensive or not. Some contributors might have access to an extensive font folio, or at the very least it would now be possible to search around for a site selling the font that lets you "test-drive" it by previewing it with your own text (and then saving the test and using it as source material). Not as helpful as finding a free font, but certainly still helpful as a jumping off point.

And blurry images are certainly unhelpful for using as a source material for an extraction, but in lots of cases for obscure shows it can be a good reference. I googled around for show titles of shows I've never watched or heard of and had a hard time knowing if what I was looking at was relevant or not and then gave up. Or in some cases, even a blurry photo could be enough to recreate it if the font or design elements are recognizable. Again, not as helpful as finding the perfect image, but way more helpful than nothing....
The font topic is debatable but any jackass with fingers can find the first crappy low-res blurry image available with a simple google search.
Posting such images defeats the entire intent of the source functionality especially since we ask them not to do this next to the upload box..
We I actually DID google the show in question and the uploaded image was the 3rd result.. so yea.. I was right on track.
I'd not have posted what I did if I were referring to an obscure show with next to no web presence.
Kode Wrote:Worked what out? lol

If its something to do with the site, let me know, because if you have to work something out, then its not clear enough and I need to fix that Smile

Took me a while to work out how to upload and request. I registered and looked in the control panal but it was not obvious.

I suggest two links on the top of the page, one for request that asks for the thvdb code and one for upload that also asks for thetvdb code.

While we are at it a simple how to page that we can tell people how to do simple photoshop tricks like remove white black background or the background eraser tool will help us with how many we have to do.

I would also like a simple responce that says why a upload was rejected, like..

1. Poor Quality
2. Incorrent font
3. wrong color
4. just don't like you...

this way it helps with what we need to do to fix it and not get them all rejected. I did one this morning for someone that was uncle or something, and have no idea why it got rejected. I don't what you guy having to write a essay to explain why it got rejected but one of 4 responces shouldnt be to hard..

I also find that when you submit a logo that is one line in the center top to bottom, it shows in the night theme like it was bottom centered... not sure if that is theme related or just happening to me or if it is something to do with the upload process.. if i get enough time i will sort it out.

If you guys need help with any of this let me know. Glad to help.

Also what is up with the coming soon parts.. Give me an idea I will gladly get started.

oh, one more thought.. would be nice to see other peoples pending submissions so that if we think we can do it better we can, or if theres is better we can skip and move to another..

Let me know your thoughts, i think this feature really adds a lot to XBMC, i can not afford to donate money, but I can definatly help in these areas.

EDIT:
Sorry, just got the emails saying what was wrong with the submissions..
Oh one more big one!

Please start a new thread for the new site, I went through 50 pages for mostly irrelevant stuff..

Edit:
Also I think that your standards are a little to high.
http://fanart.tv/fanart/deny/4d054bec80fad.png
Is not that bad, you should let people upload ones of this quality and someone can upgrade it later, if they wish. (maybe work on a rating system)

Better to have something then logo missing..

I for one will stop submitting ones now, all that effort wasted. I can just drop in my own folder and keep mine looking OK.
UserInterface:

Thanks for your comments, they are much appreciated.

I think on each section I will put a little info bit with How do I request an image? How do I upload an Image?

You should get an email explaining why an image was rejected, in general though, what happens is someone submits as image that they have only tested against 1 background colour, when we check the submissions we check them against white, black, green and red and usually a lot of artifacts show up, I'd say this is the main reason logos that otherwise look good are rejected.

I am planning in the users CP for there to be a list of all their submissions, if they have been rejected it will show the reason why, and allow them to make changes and replace the image.

Please don't give up, I have looked at some of your submissions and I'd say they are very close!

With the image you linked to I'd say the issue is the lano & woodley looks failry blurry and the edges are very jagged, especially on the right hand side of the W, whereas the adverntures of is very sharp. Also maybe not have such an offset dropshadow and have it over the entire text, as the words get a bit lost against a red background.

The problem with lowering standards is everyone will submit crappy images and then we will have to find the crappy ones and replace them anyway. You should see some of the crap we get submitted!

The coming soon parts are basically exactly the same as the clearlogos section but for the additional types.

Im not sure what you mean about the centering, but remember, all images MUST be bottom aligned and horizontally centered.

Also to everyone out there, you do not need to create a request anymore to upload an image, just type in the shows name in the search box, or its thetvdb id and when the shows page loads click the show button next to upload an image.

If you make a request and then find some even better resources, such as the fonts, better quality source art, then make another request and enter those details. The more resources there are for the people fulfilling requests, the more likely it will be made.

Users can go into the CP, click on requests and all the current requests are shown along with all resources added for that request.

For help its there but hidden at the moment, http://fanart.tv/help/ it still needs fleshing out and bits adding, i need to collate all the information.

As for a new thread, as soon as i have the new sections done (should be fairly soon) i will create a new one specific for the site, but at the moment theres not much point.

Hope this answers some of your questions, and your time and work is most appreciated.
  • 102(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ClearLOGO - Transparent TV Show Logos (Clear Logo) Concept Thread3