Video disappears after a while of watching
Sometimes when I watch videos, the picture will all of a sudden disappear. I know the movie is still playing because I can hear the audio on my TV, but the picture goes black/blank. Sometimes it'll happen 10 minutes into the movie, sometimes an hour into the movie, and sometimes it won't happen at all. When it does happen, the only thing I can do is access XBMC through a web interface from another PC and force it to shut down. Once shut down, the picture on my HTPC comes back on immediately.

Anybody know what it could be? I think this has started ever since I upgraded to XBMC 9.11, but I'm not 100% sure. It almost seems like some other program on my PC executes and messes with XBMC's video output, but I don't know how to check this and prevent this from happening. My media remote (via EventGhost) is unable to control XBMC either when this happens.

I guess I need to capture the debug log somehow before I shut XBMC down.

EDIT: link to debug log: http://pastebin.com/twKqqeZx
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
Take a look at my recent post here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=71969
See if my recreate steps will trigger our similar problem. I haven't gotten the 'Blank Freeze' mid video, but the issues could be tied to each other.
I have the exact same issue now. Will do a "Blank Freeze" during video playback. Audio, Video will stop and a black screen will come up followed by my tv saying "No video signal" Computer is completely unresponsive and must be powered down and powered up.
andrewcon40 Wrote:I have the exact same issue now. Will do a "Blank Freeze" during video playback. Audio, Video will stop and a black screen will come up followed by my tv saying "No video signal" Computer is completely unresponsive and must be powered down and powered up.
That's not what I described. In my case only video disappears... audio still keeps playing and I can shut down XBMC without having to power down the PC.
XBMC 11.0 (Eden) on W7 Home Premium 64bit, Pentium Dual-Core E5300, ATI Radeon HD 4350 512MB; Samsung UN55B7100; Mediagate MCE remote (AVS GP-IR01BK)
same thing happening with me when playing long playlist of videos. I hit button on remote and it comes back, but disappears again in a few minutes.
OK, I was finally able to capture a debug log.

This time the picture disappeared and the audio hang in a short loop, too. This happened at position 18:37:54 in the log. After that, XBMC would not respond to remote control commands. I shut it down from another PC using the web management interface.

http://pastebin.com/twKqqeZx

Any ideas?
I have the same problem on windows 7 32 bit Dharma. I dont have a graphics card, just the onboard D945GCL graphics. It seems all you people have solved your problem by now. Care to share? Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video disappears after a while of watching1