Can't see debug output...
Smile 
i have a big problem how do i get to see the debug output in python.
i used to be able to press the white button in "scripts" to show it. but nothing happens when i do it now.

is there something i have to change in keymap.xml Huh

please help cause i can't check whats wrong with my script now.

oh i'm using a build i did of the cvs server today (nov-12)
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
possibly - depends what action it was mapped to before. white is currently the global button for context menu, so that may be overriding whatever it was set to before (show info iirc).

not sure the best way to do it, as the python windows aren't handled in keymap.xml (thus must rely on the <global> mapped buttons). i could hack it into the code (ie override it for the python windows), or we could add a new section for python windows i guess.

what do you think is the best option?

looks like it'll have to be done from within xbmc at this stage. you may be able to hack it into keymap.xml yourself, however.

python uses windows starting at id 3000 and increasing from there. so if you add a new window section with id 3000 and put the show info id (see keymap.xml's global section for the id) in there it may do the trick. if that doesn't work, try window id 3001 etc.

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(jmarshall @ nov. 13 2004,09:26 Wrote:possibly - depends what action it was mapped to before.  white is currently the global button for context menu, so that may be overriding whatever it was set to before (show info iirc).

not sure the best way to do it, as the python windows aren't handled in keymap.xml (thus must rely on the <global> mapped buttons).  i could hack it into the code (ie override it for the python windows), or we could add a new section for python windows i guess.

what do you think is the best option?

looks like it'll have to be done from within xbmc at this stage.  you may be able to hack it into keymap.xml yourself, however.

python uses windows starting at id 3000 and increasing from there.  so if you add a new window section with id 3000 and put the show info id (see keymap.xml's global section for the id) in there it may do the trick.  if that doesn't work, try window id 3001 etc.

cheers,
jonathan
yes i used to show a screen where "print" text showed up and errors python spit out.

it's hard to know whats going on right now if you start at script and nothing happed exept you get back to the script page.

i don't know what the best way to do it is though. but i think that a section for python in keymap.xml would be the best.

//niclas
  • ASRock ION 330 OpenELEC XBMC Frodo.
  • 47" LG HDTV1080p, AC3/DTS Receiver.
  • 96" Epson LCD 1080p projector
  • 2x Raspbery Pi with XBMC
yes i just noticed in the 15/11 build, the debug screen output is gone... well more likely the white buttons mapping has been lost

a python section in keymapping.xml would be the best way i think as well
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
not sure if it is related or not, but white no longer brings up the osd in music visualizations. i filed bug on sf about it.
--jaga

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't see debug output...0