Add new Movie button on home window
Due to the fact that we have 3 kids,we have a lot of movies for them.
Right now they are visible in the same screen as our movies.

That's way I woul like to have a second Movie Button and name this Kids Movies.

By adding a new button the kids can recognize this very easy.

Can someone help me add this new button?
2 ways:

1. Add whatever you want as a favorite.
----personally, for HD videos I make a custom genre called "720", then add that genre as a favorite.
2. Or you could simply favorite a folder that has all your kids movies.

Scroll down, in home.xml, to around line 840 you'll see:
Quote:<item id="10">
<label>20342</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
<icon>special://skin/backgrounds/videos.jpg</icon>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_Movies_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>
<item id="11">
<label>20343</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_TVShow_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
</item>

Add this bolded part:
Quote:<item id="10">
<label>20342</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoMoviesButton) + Library.HasContent(Movies)</visible>
</item>
<item id="12">
<label>Kidz</label>
<onclick>xxxxx</onclick>
<visible></visible>
</item>

<item id="11">
<label>20343</label>
<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,TVShowTitles,return)</onclick>
<thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(Home_Custom_Back_TVShow_Folder)]</thumb>
<visible>Skin.HasSetting(HomeMenuNoTVShowsButton) + Library.HasContent(TVShows)</visible>
</item>

Now open up favorites.xml and you'll see something like:
Quote: <favourite name="Action">ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/1/1/)</favourite>

You want to take that bolded part, ActivateWindow(10025,videodb://1/1/1/) and put it where I have:
Quote:<onclick>xxxxx</onclick>

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
When using favorit,will this be a new button on the home screen?

if this is not the case ,then it;s nothing for me.
i just want to make it easy for the kids by adding a special button that its visible right away.
I know that the VIDEO button has some sub menus but that is just to complicated for them.
Filter out the kids movies by using smartplaylist in xbmc and make a extra button in homescreen with onclick function.

example: (windows)
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(10025,C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\XBMC\userdata\playlists\video\kidsmovies.xps,return)</onclick>

For more examples see MiniMeedia Waffa! there I made skinsettings to set playlists for home submenu's (Movies,Tv Show,Music)
seninha Wrote:Due to the fact that we have 3 kids,we have a lot of movies for them.
Right now they are visible in the same screen as our movies.

That's way I woul like to have a second Movie Button and name this Kids Movies.

By adding a new button the kids can recognize this very easy.

Can someone help me add this new button?
With the mod Influence you can add a specific genre button in your home menu
If you prefer Confluence , just put the texture of confluence into influence. It 'll work fine
what I have done is create a profile for my kids. I have then seperated their moves into a kids movie folder and then added that source under that profile. That way all my movies are under the master profile and all their movies are under kids profile. There is no confusion on the movies and it tells you the last time you logged in to make sure they are not logging in under your profile (you can also set a password).

this is the best way to handle kids movies if you really want to have all their movies organized.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
I like your mod. yiarkyiark but 1 genre is probably not enough to filter out his kidsmovies.
Why not set playlist in your skin. This way you can filter out everyting you like, also genre or more genres etc. To much to write down. Other words smartplaylists are awesome !!!
Waffa Wrote:I like your mod. yiarkyiark but 1 genre is probably not enough to filter out his kidsmovies.
Why not set playlist in your skin. This way you can filter out everyting you like, also genre or more genres etc. To much to write down. Other words smartplaylists are awesome !!!

You are certainly right , playlist is a good idea, but i don't have time to test it, and in my case i use a special genre "enfants" (kids in english) and it's work fine. But i 'll take a look on playlist ;-)
About havin like a special account for the kids is a good idea but I just want to keep it simple.

And I think by Having a New button is for me the best way.And also for the kids.
When starting the system they just have to choose the right button and all their movies show up.
At the moment the best way is the playlist method that Waffa! mentioned. You can also create a custom genre by editing the .nfo

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
rflores2323 Wrote:what I have done is create a profile for my kids. I have then seperated their moves into a kids movie folder and then added that source under that profile. That way all my movies are under the master profile and all their movies are under kids profile. There is no confusion on the movies and it tells you the last time you logged in to make sure they are not logging in under your profile (you can also set a password).

this is the best way to handle kids movies if you really want to have all their movies organized.

So obviously simple and efficient that I feel almost stupid not having thought of this myself instead of "relying" on Hollywoods rating system.

Thank you rflores2323...I am going to implement your idea now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add new Movie button on home window0