[AppleTv] xbmc differences
I recently put xbmc on a couple appleTV's (hd) and the install went smooth as silk!

Couple questions: So coming from the XBOX era of XBMC and progressing with it all the way to its current state of bliss, I was wondering if I can do a few things:

I know on xbox version I could manually add codecs. Can I do that on XBMC?

Will a T3CH build work on APPLETV?

What are the differences between builds I can't overwrite if I wanted to "update" the installation to a more codec friendly version?

Do the visualizations cross between xbox and appletv?

How do I get a folder set up for a library on appletv?

Is it common for M4V videos downloaded from apple to not play? I am having an issue of extreme fast forwarding when you hit play on a downloaded M4V video.

Is there a plug in other than setting the library on the itunes folder on AppleTv to get it all in one "view?"

Thanks for reading my post. I support XBMC since the way back beginning and would code more in it if I had the time.

Thanks for an excellent open source product that will overtake the world!

Copy
CopyCounsler Wrote:I recently put xbmc on a couple appleTV's (hd) and the install went smooth as silk!

Couple questions: So coming from the XBOX era of XBMC and progressing with it all the way to its current state of bliss, I was wondering if I can do a few things:

I know on xbox version I could manually add codecs. Can I do that on XBMC?

Will a T3CH build work on APPLETV?

What are the differences between builds I can't overwrite if I wanted to "update" the installation to a more codec friendly version?

Do the visualizations cross between xbox and appletv?

How do I get a folder set up for a library on appletv?

Is it common for M4V videos downloaded from apple to not play? I am having an issue of extreme fast forwarding when you hit play on a downloaded M4V video.

Is there a plug in other than setting the library on the itunes folder on AppleTv to get it all in one "view?"

Thanks for reading my post. I support XBMC since the way back beginning and would code more in it if I had the time.

Thanks for an excellent open source product that will overtake the world!

Copy

Don't know anything about XBox or T3CH, don't have one. XBMC for AppleTV is the same a XBMC for Linux. I highly doubt T3CH build would work on APPLETV, different hardware, No BIOS on AppleTV.

Knowing which XBMC version you hare running would be helpful, xbmc.log to a pastebin site.
XBMC Mac/Linux doesn't use mplayer or external codecs so there is no need to worry about that anymore. Every media format XBMC supports is supported out of the box.

No need to look for third party (T3CH) builds either since there are official XBMC builds for Mac/Linux (there weren't for the Xbox due to legal issues).
Exclamation 
davilla Wrote:Don't know anything about XBox or T3CH, don't have one. XBMC for AppleTV is the same a XBMC for Linux. I highly doubt T3CH build would work on APPLETV, different hardware, No BIOS on AppleTV.

Knowing which XBMC version you hare running would be helpful, xbmc.log to a pastebin site.

How to ensure the Apple TV XBMC is up to date? Is there some easy automated way to keep it updated?

An easy Apple TV only way of getting new Skins (Aeon etc)
crashnburn Wrote:How to ensure the Apple TV XBMC is up to date? Is there some easy automated way to keep it updated?

An easy Apple TV only way of getting new Skins (Aeon etc)

Launch will have updated version listed in it's downloads section. There is no automated way to keep updated and since I dislike automated updates, I doubt an automated update will ever be added.
Thats nice enough that I can download straight from Apple TV.

How do I get Aeon etc skins onto this one? Can I browse & install via SVN Installer?
crashnburn Wrote:Thats nice enough that I can download straight from Apple TV.

How do I get Aeon etc skins onto this one? Can I browse & install via SVN Installer?

if the skins are in svn repo, yes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTv] xbmc differences0