Few issues
Hello,

@Freezy: first of all, great app!

But I ran into a few problems.

First, when I start the remote app and try connect without my WIFI on the app ask me to connect. When I select that option WIFI is on but the application crashed.

Second, when I try connect via hostname the app can't find my XBMC. WHen I connect via the IP address the connection can be made.

But, both have a nice workaround. So no real problems for me so far. Everything works fine except the remote. It doesn't react on anything.
At this moment I figured out my XBMC recieves specific keys from the remote so I don't think it's the communication.
I've a standard keymap.xml in the /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/ and a customized one in ./userdata/keymaps/ perhaps that has something to do with it?
I know Freezy made the most for this project but mentioning only Freezy makes little aliens sad :/

Noticed the WIFI crash already, will be fixed in the next version (I hope Wink).

For your remote problem check the FAQ. It is the first point in there.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
Yeah, give the aliens some credit Wink

The WiFi fixes are already in SVN if I understand the_alien correctly.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
No they aren't need to do some more stuff.
Ah thats a good tip! Read the faq Smile my remote runs great now on a HTC desire. Thanks guys for the great work. Im looking forward to future releases!
the_alien Wrote:I know Freezy made the most for this project but mentioning only Freezy makes little aliens sad :/

Noticed the WIFI crash already, will be fixed in the next version (I hope Wink).

For your remote problem check the FAQ. It is the first point in there.
My bad Alien. Thanks for all the great work in this application. I didn't mean to make you feel sad. I don't want to fight with aliens Wink

I saw the FAQ before I posted my message. But as far as I could see the problem wasn't solved by the solutions mentioned over there.
As I told, after enabling the debug in XBMC I saw keycode coming by in the log. After I've added the keys to the keymap.xml the application does work now.
I couldn't address all the functions to the keys. Can you post the XBMC actions that are triggered by the several buttons?
As far as i can rememeber we are using the xbox remote codes.
OK, thanks. Perhaps was the problem caused by the fact that to get my remote working I deleted all the available remote files that weren't used before.
Anyway, it works fine now, by adding the keys manually to the keyboard.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Few issues0