Is there a way to add text in the HOME screen
Hi there,

I've created 4 different user profiles in order to use 4 different media library (one for english SD stuff, one for english HD stuff, one for italian SD stuff and one for italian HD stuff).

When I launch XMBC I have to choose one of this profiles.
My request is the following:

since sometimes I don't know in which profile I'm, is there a way to add little text line in the upper part of the screen with a description of the profile? Wherever you prefer, just to know what is the profile I'm using.

Thanks for help.
Use the System.ProfileName and System.ProfileThumb infolabels, something like below.
The <posy> and <posx> control the position, play around with the values to suit your liking. Also play around with the widths of the image, not sure what sizes they are per default since I only have one profile. The available font names are in Font.xml,

Place it in Home.xml to get it on the home screen. Put it right before "</controls></window>" at the bottom, the two last lines.

PHP Code:
<control type="group">
      <
description>Profile on home screen</description>
      <
posy>50</posy> <!-- Controls positionchange this -->
      <
posx>150</posx> <!-- .. and this -->
      <
control type="image"> <!-- this control type is the profile thumbnail. If you only want the textremove this control and just keep the label. -->
        <
description>Profile image</description>
        <
width>150</width> <!-- this should probably also be changed -->
        <
height>150</height> <!-- and this -->
        <
texture>$INFO[System.ProfileThumb]</texture> <!-- this shows the profile thumbnail. -->
      </
control>
      <
control type="label">
        <
posx>150</posx> <!-- Controls placement -->
        <
height>150</height> <!-- Set to same height as image aboveto get it centered vertically -->
        <
aligny>center</aligny> <!-- ... and this is what aligns it vertically -->
        <
textcolor>ff00ff00</textcolor> <!-- This should probably be changedused a bright color to be easy to locate -->
        <
font>TimeFont</font> <!-- Look in Font.xml to see what fonts are available -->
        <
label>$INFO[System.ProfileName]</label> <!-- This is what shows the name of the profile -->
      </
control>
   </
control

The "<!-- text -->" are comments, these can be removed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to add text in the HOME screen0