XBMC So many version/builds :/ ?
Hellu

Im a bit confused about all these version and builds for XBMC out there.
I have a Windows 7 64bit that i want to install XBMC on it.
Before i used camelot 9.11 i think the name is.
But now i have Asrock ION 330 so i want one that is best for that machine.

I know that there is these version:

XBMC Freak Live V12
XBMC Freak Live V13
XBMC Freak Generic V4
Bunch of XBMC SVN Rev xxxxx
XBMC Nightly Builds

and so on

Which one should i have and please, where do i get it :/
Ill have the XBMC ON Windows 7 and it has to have DXVA support.

thanks (:
If you need DXVA use the latest version from mirrors.xbmc.org.

Builds available from xbmc.org are supported in these forums. Builds from other sites may or may not be supported. You shouldn't need builds from other sites unless you have special requirements, e.g. you want an OpenGL build.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If you need DXVA use the latest version from mirrors.xbmc.org.

Builds available from xbmc.org are supported in these forums. Builds from other sites may or may not be supported. You shouldn't need builds from other sites unless you have special requirements, e.g. you want an OpenGL build.

JR

Thanks

I now downloaded xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe but i think its for only 32bit windows, i have 64bit? And this version seems to be old one, 1 Mars. aint there any newer?

Thanks
What about this revision`XBMCSetup-Rev29028-dx

its higher than all the one that is on this link mirrors.xbmc.org and it has to DVXA.

which to choose :/
one might be tempted to believed we stopped releasing the nightlies for a reason (see xbmc.org).

also there's no native win64 port, but the win32 one runs just fine on 64 bit windows.
As far as I know there are only 32 bit builds of XBMC (for Windows at least) but they work fine on both 32 and 64 bit Windows.

There are hundreds of development builds. The last official release was build 26017 so that was 3,000 builds ago! Every time there's a small modification to XBMC it gets a new build number. I wouldn't worry about trying to get the latest build. I currently use build 28276 and it works fine.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:If you need DXVA use the latest version from mirrors.xbmc.org.

JR

You will need a build from another site if you want DXVA2 to work properly. The last official build from xbmc.org still has the older version of FFMPEG in it with the split screen flaws. Saying that...builds form other sites are still in pretty raw format. Meaning that there are los of things broken with them. ie plugins, scrapers, etc. Thats why they are not on the main site. http://sshcs.com/xbmc/ does nightly builds if you want one. You can at least play with the DXVA2.

All builds are 32bit but they run fine on 64bit platforms.

EDT: damn we all posted at the same time.
That was many "same" answer ;P and i thank all of you for that (:

I Wonder, if somebody can give me just one build that i can get that youre all now is stable and that has DXVA and can be used to create advancedsettings with DDS for the fanarts thing! I have tried many build but many of them, many buttons doesnt work, there was one that the imdb scrapper settings didnt work, another where the skin settings didnt work.

thanks all
10.05. It'll be out next month. Wink
TugboatBill Wrote:10.05. It'll be out next month. Wink

are you shure Big Grin ?? whats the news about that one? will it have DXVA and DDS as standard Big Grin ??
I'm sure it's scheduled to be released next month. I'm sure the developers will say it's ready when it's ready. Laugh

As for DXVA? Maybe?:o
yes, yes and what he said ^ Smile
Well, it's actually simple. You want a stable XBMC build with DXVA?

Tough luck :p There is no such thing yet. Those builds are called nightly and experimental for a reason. Also, you shouldn't just grab a revision (you can go build them yourself to have the newest of the newest) but just go with one of which you know it works. Some revisions might not even install properly, let alone run.. The only version guaranteed to be stable is the release one you can currently download on xbmc.org which happens to be 9.11 Camelot. I don't know it's revision number. The next one will, according to TRAC, be 10.05 which will be ready 12th of May.

If you want features from 10.05 already you can pick a revision somewhere, but no one is going to guarantee you that is going to run smoothly. Currently I'm using 27611 and it does have some flaws and crashes. You can't have both.

I'm not a developer (for this project..) so I don't know too much about all this but I do keep up with TRAC every so often, and there's a lot of work going on with DXVA2 so I'm pretty sure you can expect it in 10.05 Smile
Hiiish Wrote:That was many "same" answer ;P and i thank all of you for that (:

I Wonder, if somebody can give me just one build that i can get that youre all now is stable and that has DXVA and can be used to create advancedsettings with DDS for the fanarts thing! I have tried many build but many of them, many buttons doesnt work, there was one that the imdb scrapper settings didnt work, another where the skin settings didnt work.

thanks all

Use xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe for now. I find the DXVA works fine, with a few quibbles e.g. if I miminise and restore the screen occasionally corrupts. You may find you need to put up with a few bugs, but that's the nature of a development build. If the bugs are intolerable switch back to the release 9.11 and live without DXVA.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:Use xbmc-r28256-trunk.exe for now. I find the DXVA works fine, with a few quibbles e.g. if I miminise and restore the screen occasionally corrupts. You may find you need to put up with a few bugs, but that's the nature of a development build. If the bugs are intolerable switch back to the release 9.11 and live without DXVA.

JR

The problem with that build is that you cant install xbmc in portable mode.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC So many version/builds :/ ?0