Map events received via iphone control apps to system keypresses for external players
Many of us XBMC users have to deal with external players for various reasons, regardless of the hardware that we use to build our HTPCs.

I know that you can use EventGhost and whatnot to control external players with classic-style IR/RF remotes, but there is no solution to this problem when attempting to use the popular iphone/ipad control applications such as XBMC Remote.

I've got to say, some little plastic remote that simply controls the interface on-screen is a poor substitution for and iPad running XBMC Remote, where you can browse your library with thumbnails and media information and whatnot right on the iPad.

My suggestion is this - provide a simple interface or xml keymap file which lets people bind local keypresses to common remote events(just the common player controls and quit). It doesn't need to track task switching or processes or anything - if an external player is active, just push the button on the keyboard with no regard for active window as if somebody had walked up to it and pressed it. Perhaps rather than having it only do this when an external player is active, have it relay keys to the active window ALWAYS and just have XBMC itself always ignore keys received in this manner.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Map events received via iphone control apps to system keypresses for external players0