• 3(current)
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup
hikaricore Wrote:It depends on the resolution of the tv. At 1920x1080 I suspect they'll be plenty readable.
Resolutions of 1280x720 and below would probably make it hard to read some of this skin but cross the bridge when you come to it.
The mockups look fantastic. Keep up the good work. Smile

I thought fonts are pixel based and that having higher resolution will make the fonts look smaller since it takes up a smaller area then a lower resolution?
well actually fonts are DPI based when I comes to Tv resolution so even if you change the resolution the font stay the same.
welo Wrote:well actually fonts are DPI based when I comes to Tv resolution so even if you change the resolution the font stay the same.

so 96dpi would look the same on different size tvs and resolutions? i don't see how 96pixels would not get smaller on higher resolutions. I was just saying that how could the font look more readable on 1080P resolution vs 720P on which the font would be much bigger. Anyways as long as the skins have readable fonts 10 feet away its all good.
DPI has nothing to do with the height skins set the various fonts and XBMC scales them across resolutions based on the default sizes. So a font 40 pixels high at 720p will be 60 pixels high at 1080p.
oh okay thats good to know, then there shouldn't be any problem whit the font part of the skin Smile but as i have said before there is probably going to be some twiking her and there. But i'm going cross that bridge when i get there. Right now i need to get the mockup done so i can start building the skin hehe Smile
1 question btw, 720p or 1080p ?
sorry but can you formulate your question a bit more? what is it you want to know? Tongue
Do you plan on releasing a 1080p skin, or a 720p one ?

Xperience for exemple has a 1080p and a 720p version.
Hitcher Wrote:DPI has nothing to do with the height skins set the various fonts and XBMC scales them across resolutions based on the default sizes. So a font 40 pixels high at 720p will be 60 pixels high at 1080p.

So that would mean you could just make a 1080P skin and it will scale to 720P nicely with less work. Is there a reason why some other skins make 720P and 1080P version?

Welo did you get to computer fixed? Now that i seen the pictures i cant wait for this skin Sad
EMK0 Wrote:So that would mean you could just make a 1080P skin and it will scale to 720P nicely with less work.
Yes, although a lower spec PC might struggle scaling down.
EMK0 Wrote:Is there a reason why some other skins make 720P and 1080P version?
For me it's the size of the monitor it's being coded on (I can't use 1080p) but having said that all of Alaska's (and Aeon's for that matter) textures are 1080p sized anyway.
Quote:Welo did you get to computer fixed? Now that i seen the pictures i cant wait for this skin

Well no.. the disk is a goner but i can recover the file for my work whit 90% confidence, but need to wait to Monday when i get back to work so i can fix it there anyways im not giving up! More work and screens are to come Smile

Quote:Do you plan on releasing a 1080p skin, or a 720p one ?

well to be honest, I thought about doing it in 720p, the mockup is actually in 720p so think im going to stick with that for now, but i might pick it up and do a 1080p depending on how desirable that would be. but for now first things first i need to get my work back hehe..
Well have some god news I got my work back Big Grin So I'm back in business hehe! some new screens of the mockup is probably coming out tomorrow so stay tuned in for more to come Smile
thats an really nice new skin.
maybe it would be my new favourite Wink
Good Luck Welo, this looks pretty awesome!
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Thanks Big Grin just stay tuned for more screens are to come! my work station is still not fixt to a 100% i still need a new disk to get it working back to normal so I'm doing my bast whit what i have updating screens from work, when i have the time =)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup7