• 30(current)
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup
Lightbulb 
Would it be possible to make fanart as a background instead as a picture? Smile
daniel123 Wrote:Would it be possible to make fanart as a background instead as a picture? Smile

how would that work?
All my fingers and toes are crossed that this skin gets completed. I've a question though. Would this skin be classed as a 'lite' skin? I have read that some skins are more taxing of computing resources than others and can be a bit sluggish on underpowered machines. I ask because I think I would be in heaven if I could run this skin on a Boxee Box. The skin seems to have the uncluttered but aesthetically beautiful style I am looking for and the boxee box on the hardware side seems to have the form and function and price and 'appliance' feel on its side. Welo on Boxee box would be a match made in heaven I think.
slipped into the 2nd page!

anymore updates?
krish_2k4 Wrote:slipped into the 2nd page!

anymore updates?
The development is on hold since some month (cause Welo left for some privat reason).

Personally, I don't think that we will ever see a working release ...
sonic00 Wrote:The development is on hold since some month (cause Welo left for some privat reason).

Personally, I don't think that we will ever see a working release ...

Yeah, I initially was excited about this skin, I was checking the thread everyday for updates.

Even when it does finally come out in a couple years</sarcasm>, the excitement over this skin's release will have worn off, and disdain taken it's place.
Once upon a time some wise guy decided to share his draft work with others and let them continue and finish the work to be done ... for example djh ...

I hope something simliar will happen here ... otherwise it would be better to delete this thread as I have to return here every day and it really hurts Sad
man I hate people being negative but its an unfortunate side effect of showing stuff too early in the development process and everybody wanting it NOW......
Jezz_X Wrote:man I hate people being negative but its an unfortunate side effect of showing stuff too early in the development process and everybody wanting it NOW......
I wouldn't call it "negative". Its just a review of the situation.

The skin is in development since April 2010. Than Welo had some lost in his family and he took a break. Thats all fine and understandable. But we haven't heard from him since August. Hitcher said, that he havent't spook to him too. So what should we think? There is no contact, no information, nothing since month.

Of course people want that skin (or other great addon/skins etc.) as soon as possible. But that isn't the problem here. I said it before. If you do such kind of project and decided to go public, than you should do a transparent information policy, so that people can understand the development process and the time it takes to do it right.
Yeah, we may never see this skin completed, but it's not like Welo or Hitcher are being paid for their efforts. They've spent a lot of time on it thus far, and it would be saddening to not see it complete, it's their baby and we have to live with it. I highly doubt Welo anticipated the personal issues that happened, and planning in something like that to the development of something he does on the side should not be expected. All we can do is hope whatever is keeping him from working on this gets resolved and he either continues the work or passes it along.
This skin will be completed just a matter of when and who i dont know if welo will come back the best you can do is just keep checking the thread when hitcher knows we will all know whats going on time will tell
I contacted Welo today about releasing the skin as it stands if he was unable to carry on with it and he said it was fine, so here it is for anyone who wants to play around with it.

Welo
Thanks Hitcher. Did Welo indicate if he would be back at it or is he done with it for the foreseeable future?

Any chance of getting the textures?
-stoli-
Hitcher, do you plan on continuing development on this project?
I don't think he'll be back.

Textures are in there.

No I wont be continuing without him.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup7