• 33(current)
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup
I really like this skin and wouldn't mind giving it a shot a finishing it but wont have any time to even install it until next year so i wouldn't hold your breath (also still very new to this whole xbmc skinning)
So, let me get this straight.

1. You don't have time to install a skin for a month and a half (at the earliest)
2. You are new to XBMC
3. You have no experience skinning
4. I should not hold my breath for you to finish this skin.

Let me thank you for taking time to make this informative post, especially item 4, perhaps saving my life in the process.

stephenvz Wrote:I really like this skin and wouldn't mind giving it a shot a finishing it but wont have any time to even install it until next year so i wouldn't hold your breath (also still very new to this whole xbmc skinning)
And whats so informative about your post blacklist? You go finish the skin. Sook.
Come back when you're off your rags!
and now we are one step closer to locking this topic forever keep it civil
Tried to use Welo the other day, but the main screen gets stuck on Play Disc. There are no other categories, that I am able to go to.

Any thoughts on why this is happeneing? Do I need to be running the Dharma beta?
nvaia Wrote:Do I need to be running the Dharma beta?
Yes.
Gracias.
Last time I tried the beta, I couldn't install any skins. How do I install this skin once I download dharma? And yes, I have searched and couldnt find any answers, seeing as how im on limited time here at work. What folder to unpack the rar file to? c/program files/ xbmc/insert answer here....?

Thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated.
nvaia Wrote:Last time I tried the beta, I couldn't install any skins. How do I install this skin once I download dharma? And yes, I have searched and couldnt find any answers, seeing as how im on limited time here at work. What folder to unpack the rar file to? c/program files/ xbmc/insert answer here....?

Thank you again for your help, it is much appreciated.

c/program files/xbmc/addons
You sir, are a saint! does it need to be named skin.welo?
I've been checking this thread daily, and still consistently notice users commenting on the fact that the skin "died" or offering their services in finishing the skin. I don't have the skills in either department to do so, therefore i'm not sure that its even my place to say this, but for those of you who keep offering to help do the graphical design of this skin and/or the coding, I suggest you take it upon yourself to just do so. If everyone is just waiting for Hitcher to say "yes, finish this and i'll code it", you may be wasting your time. If you can and are willing, just start doing the graphics and or coding and post it on here. It seems like the most logical thing to do in my opinion. Then those who like what they see can take your ideas and implement them into the skin. Eventually we may have a full working skin.
nvaia Wrote:You sir, are a saint! does it need to be named skin.welo?

yes it needs to be named skin.welo or xbmc wont see it.

Glad to help.
I know no one is working on this but I just have to ask because even though this project is not finished it really supports all I need so far...however does anyone have the ratings not show up for their movies? Like its just blank, and no matter what i can't get the MPAA ratings down at the bottom with the rest of the meta info. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. By the way, the ratings work for TV, just not for movies, also I use North America ratings. Also Im using Dharma.
All future Dev discussion (by new team) moved here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=85142
Hitcher/Welo if you want me to open it again fire me off a PM
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Welo skin] - New Skin Mockup7