XBMC Live and RAW 720p/1080i Streams
I have just recently build an HTPC using a Foxconn NT-330i w/ XBMC Live installed to the HDD. I have almost everything working but I have one problem and basically why I attempted to build this… I have been using MythTV and a PCHDTV card recording HDTV via QAM and an XBOX1 w/ XBMC to stream. I have been transcoding to a smaller resolution as the XBOX1 just cant play the RAW streams. Hence the Foxconn NT-330i.

So I have the audio sorted out, network going and 1080p at 60hz. I am currently using the XBMCfreak build but have has the same success with the official XBMC live iso.

Problem is the RAW streams from the capture card are having issues. The audio plays fine but the video plays as ~20fps. I don't understand what the problem is and why it isn't dropping frames to keep up. I'd suspect this Foxconn to have plenty of power to play the RAW stream so I think I am missing something. I have messed with other resolution, other video playback options but still cannot get the RAW steams to play. These streams are 60fps for 720p and 1080i.

I'm sure I am forgetting something but anyone have any ideas? Anyone recording HDTV and playing the RAW steams in an XBMC live configuration?

Any insight is greatly appreciated…

Foxconn NT-330i 1.6Ghz Atom 330
2GB Crucial DDR2 800
160 Gb HDD
HDMI to Sharp Aquos LCD @ 1080p 60hz
Audio Downmix to stereo for old receiver
MCE Remote Control w/ usb ir
XBMCFreak installed to HDD (full disk) from USB stick

BTW...still cant get to wake from sleep using remote
firstly, make sure VDPAU is selected in Setings->video->rendering method

if that's the case, what is the encoding method of the the RAW stream (assuming .TS?)
you can find this by playing the source and pressing 'o' on the keyboard. it will tell you the encoding method. only certain video types are handled by VDPAU so it will then be falling back to CPU ('o' will also show CPU load, so if it is at 100%, you know you're not getting GPU offloading)
I do know that any one core on the CPU, this is a dual core hyper threaded CPU, is not at 100% but higher that I would like so I suspect its being rendered by the CPU. H264 are totally off-loaded and CPU is near 0.

I guess I need to start over anyway. I read a post about updating to lastest SVN PPA. After apt-get update; apt-get upgrade; apt-get install xbmc the system dows not boot anymore. It is asking for NVIDIA drivers. Not a big deal it only takes a few minutes to rebuild anyway. I was running XBMCFreak latest. I also have latest SVN build of XBMC Live so I'll try that tonight when I get home.

Still...any insight is grealty appreciated. Does anyone believe that it SHOULD be able to play RAW 720p and 1080i streams? The idea behind this was to stream HD streams...if I cannot...back to XBOX1 as it served every other service successfully...

Thanks...
OK...had a chance to get back to this again. RAW HDTV streams in 720p have the following output while playing...Am I to assume that there just isn't enough CPU to play these streams?

Seems like there should be enough CPU to play these. Are the MPEG codecs only single threaded? Also what are the dcpu, acpu and vcpu? The ~ symbols in the below are denotions of approximately as the values moved around these numbers...

Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16,384 kb/s
Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 1280x720 [PAR 1:1 DAR 16:9], 38810 kb/s
ad: 0.000, a/v: ~5.5, edl:-, dcpu: ~4% acpu: 1% vcpu: 1%
fps:~28 cpu0: ~75% cpu1: ~10% cpu2: ~5% cpu3: ~5%

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Live and RAW 720p/1080i Streams0