[WINDOWS] Have any of you had this HDMI audio problem?
Hello everyone,

It's been years since I first modded my xbox and loaded XBMC. Now I am in the process of setting up a Windows 7-based HTPC running XBMC.

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit last night and Windows appears to have installed all the necessary drivers without my intervention.

One thing I noticed when testing the audio was that the audio output from HDMI to my Panasonic Plasma TV seems to miss the first 1-2 seconds of sound. Upon logging into Windows the welcome sound plays but the first bit is cut off. This happens anytime I try playing a wave file too.

I've been searching the forum as well as google for a few hours now, and although it seems a few others have mentioned this problem before, I can't seem to find a solution that partains to Windows. Seems like all the solutions I find are Linux-based.

Tonight I plan to check for newer drivers (especially for audio) as well as update flash to the 10.1 release candidate.

In the meantime, if any of you have had this problem before I'd love to hear how you fixed it.

Cheers,

iPO

===============

My HTPC build:

Zotac IONITX-F-E (Atom330 + ION)
2GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit
LG HD-DVD/Blu-Ray combo drive
Apex MI-008 Case with stock 250W PSU
Welcome to nvidia. With nvidia cards, when there is no audio, the audio channel gets dropped. Google silent stream bug.
TV and PC no longer have HDMI audio negotiated. Once audio is present, the TV and PC will try to do their HDMI handshake again. For short windows sounds, you might just catch the end of it or a garbled sound. Once the video is playing though and there is a constant stream of sound, you'll keep the HDMI handshake and won't have any sound problems.

I've tried up to HDMI audio drivers .59. The audio problem is still there.
Hey thanks for the reply. I concur with your post. Short sounds may or may not play. If they do play the beginning is cut off. Constant streams of sound play fine. From what I've googled, it seems that the silent stream bug happened with ATI drivers as well, but theirs have since been fixed. Come on NVIDIA, get it together already.

Once again, thanks for your helpful reply.
I can also confirm this, its just one of those things but no real biggie.
Hey ya, I have the same thing happen with the audio and video going to my receiver. I think this happens because the TV or Receiver in my case has moved to a no signal mode where it monitors the line but cuts out all the processing and the power which it would be using if it were possessing the incoming audio signal. Because of this once the audio signal hits the sounds possessing chip it takes a moment to wake up all the rest of the components leaving us with the 1-2 second gap at startup.
Are you two inifinity's related?

This definitely happens when you are going through a receiver and you have it set to digital out. You can get around this with ATI if you only use stereo. Anything better (AC3, DTS, etc) will require the receiver to renegotiate since XBMC menu audio noises are only stereo.

Nvidia silent stream bothered me so much since it also occurs when you fast forward/rewind videos. I went with ATI which has it's own headaches but now that I have ATI working, I don't have audio drops except when the audio mode (stereo to AC3/DTS/DD) switches and there isn't much I can do about that.
Just to clarify i only get the windows login sound problems, after that in XBMC i have 0 problems with audio.
Oh man, ATI had this issue too actually. It wasn't fixed until maybe 6 months ago?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
Has anyone found a solution for this problem? This is one of just a few little problems with my HTPC that I'm trying to iron out.
I don't have this problem with my nvidia card but I do loose all sound when xbmc sleeps. The only way I've found to get it back is to exit xbmc and restart it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Have any of you had this HDMI audio problem?0