XBMC a lot of version... confused and trouble with it!
Hi guys, i'm making a lot of confusion i'm thinking... I can't understand what's the right version of XBMC to install.... I had xbmcupdate that was updating my xbmc.. But there was some trouble and my XBMC didn't add more movies... So i backup my database and then i uninstalled it, downloaded 9.11 camelot release and reinstalled it with data in program folder.. Than I take the XBMC_PC_29203 from nightly builds and I orverwrited file in the XBMC directory... now i start it and i can't:
- enter in the skin settings...
- select mymovies.it scrapers...
- see the svn repo installer in the program folder

Can someone tell me what I did wrong? If I don't overwrite nightly build file, the xbmc "splashscreen" is the old one... I don't understand... I tryed 3 or 4 time to uninstall and reinstall all! nothing changed... what I must to do to have upgraded version? Thank you! Bye
If you don't know, use the stable Camelot release.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yes but i've updated yet from camelot stable release and I never had these trouble... I'd like to have the latest version and not the old one...
To use trasparency with the nightly build last release what version i need to use? I've to download it from svn repo installer?

But why I can't see it in program menù, if I see it in the application data folder? Why XBMC don't share me it... Even with Camelot release... I can't install nothing with it.. I'm under win 7 64-bit.
This I think is precisely why devs and build compilers were asked not to produce svn builds during the merge process - see here http://xbmc.org/theuni/2010/03/01/impend...ge-addons/ - As jmarshall has alluded to the only stable version of xbmc is Camelot, anything after that is affected by code/database changes etc, therefore has to be used with caution.

A new database structure has been introduced and unless the skin developers are producing version which run concurrently with the svn versions, then you are likey to have to wait until the next release before having any form of stable app, with 3rd party skins.

The only skin that is fully supported throughout the process is Confluence, therefore if you want to continue using svn builds I would suggest that you revert to that skin until the merge is complete. Scrapers are included now as add-on and can be configured from System\Add On\Scrapers.
yes but why i can't see the repo installer?
BigBlack Wrote:yes but why i can't see the repo installer?

reread jmarshall's post.
No you don't undestand... there isn't a server problem... I can't see the app in XBMC.. I can see the python file in the user application data directory... And I see repo installer on other 5 xbmc i've installed in my home... so why only in mine it isn't visible?
because of what jmarshall said....... it's not supported anymore.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC a lot of version... confused and trouble with it!0