DVD files (iso and VIDEO_TS) with menus not playing correctly.
This was origianlly posted in the general discussion area but I think it belongs here more. So I am starting this thread up.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For me svn29158 worked fine for iso and DVD file playback. But when using svn29173 the video seems to play in the background. The filename turns yellow and there is sound but no video. The same can be said when trying to kick off the DVD image with the VIDEO_TS.IFO file.

Elupus, how can I get you a sample if you still want one? Here is my log from an iso that does not work. http://pastebin.com/7zZ9aHWt Im not great on reading these but you can see it says the video stream closes right away. This same iso will play in svn29158.

Let me know if you want the iso I can setup a quick ftp server.

Edit: This is on a Windows 7 box. 9600 Nvidia gpu. 4gb memory. Intel Q9300 cpu.
Just tried svn29243 and it seems to back at the same issue as a couple days ago where the DVD kicks off but doesnt have a any video.

Whats weird is that I can hit tab quite a few times and sometimes the display will come up. Once you hit the tab key once its like the skin's OSD think the video is on top because it will freeze. The debug at the top will freeze once layer but will have anotehr layer overwriting it and the timestamp on the video will freeze. Then you hit tab again and it continues.

Edit: So after playing a bit more I think that the menus are what is screwing up XBMC. Or vice-vera. Once I turn off "attempt to skip introduction before DVD menu" I can get the DVD to start. But once it gets to to a menu it starts to act odd. You still hear the sound from the menu but the video will still be on the previous screen. Even the movable highlighter will show up but not background menu. Then it will finally (most of the time) get to the menu.

And a log just in case it may help: http://pastebin.com/GMgDaLEv
I hate to be the shameless bumper. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour or am I nuts? To test just set the SETTINGS > VIDEO > DVD > "attempt to skip introduction before DVD" and see if your DVDs play after that.
Sorry posted in wrong thread.
There is a reason that says attempt Smile, but if it worked on old revisions we should atleast try to solve it. But i'd need a sample.. You can often generate a sample by just removing all large vob files (the menu's are usually in the small ones).

Keep all ifo/bup files. Just remove the large vob files. video_ts.vob is always required thou.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sample with the movie(s) stripped: http://www.mediafire.com/?nzdrymlemtt
This file compressed quite a bit from 135M to 5M.

Thanks again elupus. You have been a really huge help with my issues.
SlaveUnit Wrote:I hate to be the shameless bumper. Is anyone else seeing this behaviour or am I nuts? To test just set the SETTINGS > VIDEO > DVD > "attempt to skip introduction before DVD" and see if your DVDs play after that.

I can confirm that disabling that setting makes the ISO to start play, however video is lost after a few seconds.

If I choose to resume i can get the ISO to play.

Rev 28276 is working properly but it wont ask me if I want to resume.
*sigh* yea it's fixed, i managed to mess up that simple change to use ffmpeg by default a while back.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

yippeee!! Thanks for keeping up with thie elupus.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVD files (iso and VIDEO_TS) with menus not playing correctly.0