HELP strange box in video playback
Tried a different monitor yet?
I actually did, one was a small LCD monitor, other was the 32in Toshiba LCD-TV. Only thing they have in common is they are connected via DB15 plug and they are widescreen
I'd disconnect everything that's not absolutely necessary for video playback and see if it still happens.
Oo your right, I never thought if it cause it was working...but the sound card was in every build and not in the wifes pc. I'll swap it out for a audigy I have laying around the write back. Thank you once again for giving me a direction to run in!
well i tried removing the sound blaster live! card and installed a originial Audigy (SB0090) card, and still had the same problems, I then tried a Audigy SE (based on CA0106) just incase there was a issue with the EMU10K module (the CA using a different one - or so I believe Wink ). I am still having the same issue - what I cant understand is my main desktop doesnt have the issue and its a Core2Duo E6750, 8GB DDR2 ram, GeForce 9 series, and a Audigy 2ZS card....so it should be using the same video, sound drivers, similar RAM speed, and both CPUs are Conroe.

Oh I wanted to mention everything except the video card and sound card are onboard and therefore replaced with the new mainboard. I dont have a remote connected yet because I didnt get that far, and I tried removing the wireless kyb and mouse and tried a PS2 mouse....thanks!
Does this happen with every video you play?
Yep, tried mkv, avi, mpeg, divx and all are the same
I SOLVED IT!!! YAY It had something to do with the 1360x768 resolution and DB15 VGA connection... I ended up putting the computer on my wife's 4:3 monitor (instead of another widescreen) and it didnt mess up. So then I put my laptop Radeon X300 on the TV and boom had the same defect. Finally I connected the TV to the computer with HDMI and wouldn't you know it, no problems. It isnt my preferred way to have it connected because the GeForce 210 has it own audio codec and no built in dolby like the Audigy has - but I can live with that. Thank you guys for taking the time to help me with this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HELP strange box in video playback0