XBMC 10.05 Prepair ?
If i use a simple nightly build now and this release pops up, will i be able to update my xbmc build tot he new one or do i have to fix my library all over again?

i use xbmc-r28256-trunk in Portable mode!
Why not just wait?
Hitcher Wrote:Why not just wait?

couse im curious ;P and im not really finnished with my library and now i down know if i should finnish or wait for the new official build. I have more then 800 movies and it takes time you know ;P
Finish your library and then export it with single files. Then no matter that happens to the db it will take a very short amount of time to get it back to the way it was.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Finish your library and then export it with single files. Then no matter that happens to the db it will take a very short amount of time to get it back to the way it was.

Single files? isnt it the way so all the information and fanarts of movies gets into the specifik movie folder? or how does that work?

thanks
What about DDS? i want to build my library with DDS thing so its fast, but maybe the new official build will not support it?
Hiiish Wrote:Single files? isnt it the way so all the information and fanarts of movies gets into the specifik movie folder? or how does that work?

thanks

Yup thats how it works. So then the next time you scan it takes all those elements and rebuilds you db with them.
SlaveUnit Wrote:Yup thats how it works. So then the next time you scan it takes all those elements and rebuilds you db with them.

Will all these files disapier from my movie folders after and be placed in the user profile folder? Becouse i use an external harddrive for my movies and therefor the information/fanarts should not be in there with the movies, it should be placed in the user profile in C:\XBMC\
And how do i restore from such backup?
thanks
They dont disappear. They stay in the movie folders for good. If you don't want them in your movie folders then maybe just wait until 10.5 comes out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 10.05 Prepair ?0