Feature Request
Firstly, this runs great on HTC Hero.

I would like to see the option of 'play current disk'.

if there is a CD in the drive, it would start this playing, if its a DVD, play it.

I couldn't see an obvious way of doing this without going into remote mode.
I got an idea.

I locked my mobile, because if I lose it, people can access almost everything. My mail, Facebook , Stuff, everything.

So every time I want to use it I have to swipe at least 4 points. And I don't mind it.

Except when I'm using XBMC! If I want to just pause, or go back to the menu I need to unlock my phone first. And It gets a bit much after 40 times Smile

SO! fix -> Maybe built in a Unlock mode when you are :

A. logged on to a certain Wifi spot (as in mine)
B. At a certain location, doesn't have to be exact GPS, with the phone masts is fine.

I do understand that this can also be achieved with an extra app, but I looked, and I can't find it.

(and sorry for not dumping this in the correct thread Smile)
kosm: Check "Disable the Keyguard?" in the settings.
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT
kosm Wrote:I got an idea.
Except when I'm using XBMC! If I want to just pause, or go back to the menu I need to unlock my phone first. And It gets a bit much after 40 times Smile

The remote already has an option to disable the keyguard. Settings -> Screen behaviour -> Disable the keyguard?

Quote:SO! fix -> Maybe built in a Unlock mode when you are :

A. logged on to a certain Wifi spot (as in mine)
B. At a certain location, doesn't have to be exact GPS, with the phone masts is fine.

I do understand that this can also be achieved with an extra app, but I looked, and I can't find it.

I think this is way out of scope for an XBMC remote. B is easily achievable with Locale and a lockscreen plugin like http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/com.mooapps.autolock/

You can do A very easily by adding the SSID plugin for Locale - http://www.cyrket.com/p/android/org.johanhil.ssid/
Dope.. you guys thought of everything.

I had a feeling I would get an "look closer stupid" answer Smile
+1 on first post.
Maybe a "Play current disk" option in main menu that is only visible when there are a disk in the drive.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Hey,

The remote is awesome. I love the option where I can play m4v files from a link I clicked on the phone onto the main system. Can we somehow expand the format for the file types that Android is not supporting (read: Quicktime).

Thanks!
popophobia Wrote:Hey,

The remote is awesome. I love the option where I can play m4v files from a link I clicked on the phone onto the main system. Can we somehow expand the format for the file types that Android is not supporting (read: Quicktime).

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!

We currently "intercept" all content based on these mime types:
Code:
audio/*
image/*
video/*

Unfortunately, only mime types known by the android framework are hijackable using this approach. It would seem that whatever extension your qt files have does not map to a mime type defined in the android framework.

Never fear, though. It is a rather trivial matter to expand our "intent filter" (as its proper name is) to match on url patterns i.e. extensions as well.

The reason we went for mime types is that we could keep the filter definition pretty damn short - basically the three lines above.

Could you make a feature request on the tracker and list whatever extensions you'd like us to snatch?

:O) Mikkle

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Request0