We need a name!
Question 
Since Google forbids the use of the word "Android" in the title of an app (only "for Android" is allowed), we need a proper name. Also, our current name (Android XBMC Remote) just states what it is and is no real name.

So... we're open for suggestions. Wink
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
A few ideas to get the ball rolling:

XBMC Zapper

AMote
XMote

AXR (Android XBMC Remote)

XBMCr
Being the "official" remote, I think you're best sticking along the lines of "XBMC Remote for Android", or keep "Android XBMC Remote" and just leave the Android part out in the market (not like it's gonna be the iPhone XBMC Remote in the android market). No reason to be ambiguous.
I was more thinking about a completely different name, with neither android, XBMC or remote in the name. But we'll see.
Running XBMC on my HTPC, tablet, phone and pinball machine.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forums before posting. Do NOT e-mail Team-XBMC members asking for support. For troubleshooting and bug reporting, make sure you read this first.
In the file of completely different names.

Meteor (Anagram of remote)
Man im really excited about this app and how far it could go.

Considering the long term goals of being a media center all its own, I think it should just be called XBMC Mobile.
Yeah, why complicate things? "XBMC Remote for Android" is simple and very easy to understand what it is.
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
StarChild Wrote:Yeah, why complicate things? "XBMC Remote for Android" is simple and very easy to understand what it is.

Agreed.
a unique name is almost crucial if people should find it properly on Market due to the übercrappy search there
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I like the Greek alphabet for technology related things. So, delta? You could also use the symbol as the icon in the android launcher.
Try
Aandroid
Droid
XBMCDroid
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
there can only be one name:

Eyjafjallajökull

...unique, hot as shit and very easy to find on the market!
+1 for xbmcdroid

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
xbmcdroid is a little close to http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-droid/
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Simple, yet unique?

XBMControl. Says what it is, what it does, and it fits the naming scheme.

Edit...NVM, must have Freudian Slipped that name in there from previous posts.

XBMicroControl ?

XBMC micro?

I got nothing...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We need a name!0