We need a name!
XBMC AndRe
XBMC Android Extender (It really does extend xbmc Smile)
XBMC AndRe Extender
AcontrolX

edit or..

Xontrol

Please add to my reputation if you find my posts usefull (+/- button below posts)
Ubuntu 12.10 minimal XBMC auto-install script :: XBMControl :: Xbmc XBOX Skins :: XBMControl for Android :: Owner of Sudo Systems
Remotoid.
EDIT:
Some suggestions that I like:

XBMControl - From Bram77 signatur.
XBMCC, XBMControl Center
XBMC Zapper - from icewall
XBMC Extender - based on WaffaConfused suggestion
XBMC Droid - from paul
Kodi 17.0 Krypton, Win10 running on an ASRock ION 330HT HTPC
Well, since it is starting to become a little version of XBMC, and keeping XBMC in the name is a pretty good idea, why not just KISS.

XBMC Mini
XBMC Micro
XBMC Nano
XBMC Pico
@digitalhigh, eh ?
This is an advanced remote, no more, no less at this stage
Let's focus on a name to that effect
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

After seeing how many other apps are out there, I agree that XBMC Remote isn't the best name for the market. But that doesn't mean I like the idea. :-(

Anyway, +1 Xarc.
What about AndroMote?
Oxar (Official XBMC Android Remote)

xbmote
the_alien Wrote:What about something like
Xarc (Xbmc Android Remote Control)
Arc (Same without Xbmc Wink)

Ohhhhh.
I like.
pike Wrote:@digitalhigh, eh ?
This is an advanced remote, no more, no less at this stage
Let's focus on a name to that effect

I understand that, but in the future plans category, it has "stream video/audio from xbmc". Not too familiar with droid's capabilities, but it seems like if this happened, you could literally have an xbmc extender in your hand. Not going to push the issue...just why I was thinking what I was. It would be cool.

Edit: Not trying to be offtopic, but this app here is open source and streams music to the droid via PC. Couldn't hurt to take a look...

http://code.google.com/p/gmote/
Just thought of a new one...
XBarc (Xbmc Android Remote Control)
or my old one
ArcX (Android Remote Control for Xbmc)
topfs2 Wrote:IMO XBMC Remote in its simplicity is perfect. However, I must say I like
XBMC Zapp och XBMC Zapper but sparcx and xarc are great aswell.

I think I agree with starchild but XBMC Zapper still sells it equally good imo.

Cheers,
Tobias

What about Xapper ?? A little XMBC and Zapper combined.
-stoli-
pike Wrote:a unique name is almost crucial if people should find it properly on Market due to the übercrappy search there

On the contrary. Crappy search means the best way for people to find your product would be to include "XBMC" in the title. The more unique the name is, the less likely people are to find it.

XBMC Remote for Android.

NS

p.s. K.I.S.S
NotShorty Wrote:On the contrary. Crappy search means the best way for people to find your product would be to include "XBMC" in the title. The more unique the name is, the less likely people are to find it.

XBMC Remote for Android.

NS

p.s. K.I.S.S

Wrong. Title, description and publisher are being searched. So if you enter XBMC and the publisher is "Team XBMC" we will show up on the list. Crappy means it won't find anything if you misstype it. For example if you type "xbcm" in google the first link will be xbmc.org. But if you misstype anything in the search of the market it won't find anything.

Plus I don't wanna put my hard work into this app and have a name like 5 other apps in the market.

PS: XLC - Xbmc Library Control
XBMCLive Dharma beta 2 running on an ASRock ION 330 HT

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
We need a name!0