[LIVE] Acer Revo 1600 Wake from USB IR
I'm trying to get my Acer Revo 1600 to wake from USB with my Harmony 720. I've done all the rc.local jazz and what not and I simply cannot get this thing to wake up. I'm positive it is USB0 (USB2 autowakes), and I'm in the correct slot - a mouse click in the same USB slot will wake the unit.

Is there a particular code the Harmony needs to send to wake up the Acer? Has anyone managed a wake/sleep with a Harmony on an Acer 1600?

Thanks in advance.
My 1600 suspends and wakes fairly reliably. Have you gone through the suspend Wiki?
Yes - it's odd because I can get it to wake from USB with the mouse, but not the IR receiver, even from the same USB port. Are you sending a specific command via IR? If so which one? Which IR receiver drivers are you using?
Anyone using the XBX DVD Dongle Kit on the Acer Revo and able to get it to wake from USB via IR?
I'm fairly certain that the Xbox DVD dongle will does not support a wake function.
If your in the market for alternatives...I'm using the HP MCE receiver on my 3610 Revo and Logitech 880 Pro with minimal Ubuntu.

It took a couple of days to get a handle on custom buttons but it works pretty good now. Wakes and sleeps reliably. Only issue I have is to sleep/power off all the gear off takes a couple of presses of the off button. Weird but I can see thats a Logitech issue. The receiver lights when I send a command. At shutdown it takes a few presses before it kicks in. The original remotes don't have that problem.

db
crzdmniac Wrote:I'm fairly certain that the Xbox DVD dongle will does not support a wake function.

This is in fact the case. Switched to an MCE USB and had no problems... well other than I can't figure out how to keep the damn thing from turning on my X360. (EDIT: Nevermind that's a 360 setting, easily fixed).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Acer Revo 1600 Wake from USB IR0