Insufficient Resources on Gigabit file copy
This isn't an XBMC question but I figured some people around here might have encountered this problem. I recently made a few switches to my network so that it should now be running on Gigabit rather than 10/100. I tried copying some large media files and I now get:

Error 0x800705AA: Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service

It seems like with each new file that it tries to copy (maybe only files over .98GB) it gives me the above error and asks if I want to cancel or try again. If I hit Try Again, it seems to continue where it left off and is able to complete the copy. I sometimes copy over Video_TS files so I need to hit the Try Again 6-8x.

I imagine it has something to do with pre-caching the file transfer but I'm not sure. Google showed a lot of people having the issue but I couldn't find any real fixes. Does anybody have any suggestions? This is all happening with Win 7 Home Premium and as I said, this problem just started since I switched to Gigabit.

Thank you.
"This isn't an XBMC question but I figured some people around here might have encountered this problem."

You really should have stopped yourself right there. If everyone said that this thing would be an insane os, storage, etc forum.
SlaveUnit Wrote:"This isn't an XBMC question but I figured some people around here might have encountered this problem."

You really should have stopped yourself right there. If everyone said that this thing would be an insane os, storage, etc forum.

Seeing how the file transfer is to setup my XBMC system, I thought I could ask around here if somebody has experienced something similar. You might want to read around these boards and see all of the OS, storage, etc threads which are quite helpful

Apparently those threads aren't populated by douche bags like you. Thank you.
Take it to a different section dipshit. How many of those general questions that you mention do you see in the "XBMC for Windows Specific Support" section.
I know this isn't XBMC support but I had the same problem the other day and spent about 3 or 4 hours on google before tracking down a working fix for me so I'll share my experience.

I had the same problem on my Ion 330. I tried the IRPStackSize reg tweak that is the most common fix and it didn't help really. Just made it take a little longer before it would give me the error. This guide fixed it up for me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/779...r-fix.html

It tells you to do that to every computer on the network but you really don't need to. You should only need to do it on the computer that has the share that is dropping out. After changing all 3 settings it has been working great for me since.
Changing the IRPStackSize normally solves the problem but remember its not the computer you receive the error on that's the problem its the server with the content that needs the IRPStackSize changed

You also need to reboot after you change the IRPStackSize and you must use the correct values, increases must be multiples of 3
nothing to do with XBMC, moved to Off-Topic

I also suggest you guys take it easy, no reason for insults. If you cant help, dont post.
Thanks for posting these. I'll give it a try later and post back with the results.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Insufficient Resources on Gigabit file copy0