How to edit album info
Hi,

First, thanks for this awesome media player, I have tried several for Bit-perfect play back of my large FLAC collection and loves the XBMC!

Some of my albums are in foreign language and I need to manually edit there information. I have tried doing so from within the program but was not very successful.

How do I edit the Album Information i.e Artist name, Album, Album Art

My apologies if it was covered before I couldn't find it

Thanks

Nerd
I don't believe you can edit information within the Xbmc yet. You can manually edit the database entries with a sqlite browser, assuming you haven't switched to MySQL.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
or use nfo files:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp..._nfo_files
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Hmmm... The music library has two distinct sets of tables -- navigation tables, and info tables. For exanple, there's an artists table, and there's an artistinfo table. They are linked together via the idArtist from the artists table. Likewise there's an albums table, and an albuminfo table which are linked together.

Now, I may be wrong about this, but I believe nfo files can only be used to populate the info tables. I don't believe they are used to populate the navigation tables as they are populated from the tags. There would need to be some "backward" reconciliation for the navigation tables if an artist.nfo file changes the artist name from what the tag found.
^^ correct. i think the original poster wants to edit the extra, scraped, info though. which can be fed from nfo files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to edit album info0