[LIVE] HOW-TO install Zsnes SNES Emulator with the Launcher plugin on XBMC (Tutorial)
aha solved by reading another post on setting up firefox

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=454155&postcount=3
I have similar problem with hdmi audio on zsnes9x - in my case switching playback rate to 48000hz solved this and now I have sound
-delete
how do I get to the gui menu settings on Zsnes im rocking a live install and googling tells me to press ESC but when I do that it exits out of the game thus i have no way to configure my keyboard or other settings Sad

-=Jason=-
run zsnes without the -m.
http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/advanced.htm
aflo Wrote:run zsnes without the -m.
http://zsnes-docs.sourceforge.net/html/advanced.htm

thanks, that worked I just wanted to see what keyboard keys did what as I had no idea.

now if I can figure out the mednafen keys I'll be all set until I get some xbox 360 controllers

-=Jason=-
I'm having some problems getting zsnes to gain focus. I followed the instructions to a T, but for some reason zsnes is opening a window in just the top left corner of the screen and seems to launch fine, but the gamepad and keyboard both still only navigate through xbmc.

Any ideas...? Or anything I could provide that might help figure out what's going on? I'm guessing a debug log wouldn't help in this case..
timdog82001 Wrote:I'm having some problems getting zsnes to gain focus. I followed the instructions to a T, but for some reason zsnes is opening a window in just the top left corner of the screen and seems to launch fine, but the gamepad and keyboard both still only navigate through xbmc.

Any ideas...? Or anything I could provide that might help figure out what's going on? I'm guessing a debug log wouldn't help in this case..

I'm having the same issue in Dharma RC2.

BTW, thanks for the shout-out Big Grin
fuz10n Wrote:I'm having the same issue in Dharma RC2.

BTW, thanks for the shout-out Big Grin

Ah HA!

If you are using the 360 controller, simply rename /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xml to joystick.Microsoft.Xbox.360.Controller.xmlbak

This will cause XBMC to not longer use the 360 controller to move around the menus.

This is kind of a workaround, until somehow XBMC can be told to ignore joystick keypresses when launcher is running.

For those with sound issues, try deleting .asoundrc from your home directory. This caused XBMC to give up the sound device and allow alsa to output sound. I still have menu sounds as well even after rebooting multiple times.

Hope this helps.
I am having exactly the same issue as timdog in post #37 above.

I have followed the instructions in post #1 above exactly as prescribed.

However, when zsnes is launched the entire resolution of my screen shrinks into just the top left corner of the screen, about an eight the size of the original image.

The launcher.xml file contains only the argument: "<args>-s -v 18</args>".

If I change it to <args>-s -v 22</args>, the display issue remains exactly the same.

What could be the reason for this strange display issue?

How can it be resolved so that Zsnes will display properly?

EDIT: Edit: XBMCLive will now not return to its previous 1080p full-screen output at all. It all remains in the top left corner of the screen on reboot. Multiple shutdowns and restarts dot not change things. My XBMCLive install seems to now be permanently altered, and I have no idea how to return it to its previous state. Sad
pipps Wrote:EDIT: Edit: XBMCLive will now not return to its previous 1080p full-screen output at all. It all remains in the top left corner of the screen on reboot. Multiple shutdowns and restarts dot not change things. My XBMCLive install seems to now be permanently altered, and I have no idea how to return it to its previous state. Sad

delete the guisettings.xml and restart xbmc. everything will be back to default as it recreates the gui settings file.

it can be located here:
/home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/guisettings.xml

i believe it's caused when xbmc shuts down during emulator playback. upon closing the emulator, a blank screen is all that's left. due to the resolution change when opening an emulator, xbmc is tricked into believing it's altered resolution. though im not entirely certain.
My media center:
12TB Homebuilt Raid5 Server | Motorola Nyxboard Hybrid | Bose V3 lifestyle | Samsung S7 55" Slim LED TV

4 PC clients w/ xbmc (windows) - 1 w/ live
This repaired that immediate display problem. Thank you.

But I still wish Zsnes would display properly.
Does this Guide work with Dharma?
I'm going to try this tonight, but anybody who is willing to test sooner please let us know:

rather than placing the emulator binary in the config file, would creating a bash script to launch the emu in a separate x session prevent the resolution changes from affecting xbmc?

For example:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

X :3 -ac &   # Launches a new X session on display 3
cd "path/to/emu"   # may not be necessary
sleep 2   # Forces the system to have a break for 2 seconds
DISPLAY=:3 /zsnes   # Launches emu
this script would need to be modified to accept arguments
I've done this for wine games and it works well to keep my desktop from getting horked by resolution changes
HTPC Rig:
Acer Revo 1600 /Tira2 IR rcvr
NAS: UNRAID
Bump, Can anyone confirm this working with Dharma? I'd rather not go through the hassle, if it doesn't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] HOW-TO install Zsnes SNES Emulator with the Launcher plugin on XBMC (Tutorial)0