Modchip advice for a newbie?
Sad 
hi guys,  i've been watching this project for a while, and i am blown away by your dedication and professionalism.  the xbmc looks unbelievable, does some outstanding things.  i'm ready to stop watching and get my hand dirty now.

here's my problem, i've never modded an xbox before, i'm great at linux, soldering, etc, but i need help picking a mod chip.

i've been looking around for the last few days and i'm totally over my head with features, cache sizes and so on.

here's what i do know..

i've never used x-box live (have no plans to), and i'm not sure i want to do anything really besides run xbmc on my xbox.

i would like to replace my dvd drive and hd when i do the chip as well.

i'd like a good mix of affordability and features that i'd most likely end up using.  (i'm not even sure what the features do on most of the chips)

any help you guys can provide would be most appreciated,
ernst stavro blofeld
if xbmc is all that youll be using and you don't have plans to use an lcd, i'd suggest just getting some of the cheap older models like x2 lite or even some cheap "clone" like aladdin. as said, if xbmc is al u will be using and you don't even know what the extra features on chips are, it's a pretty safe bet that you won't miss them.

most mod-chip features are not harware-dependant, but are determined by the bios. so all the important features (hdd swap etc.) are available on older chips by bios upgrade. but basically any modchip with a new bios will allow you to run xbmc and swap the hdd.

but, if price is not an issue than go for the 3rd gen modchips (x3, xtender, xenium ice) just to be safe...

just my 2 cents.
-munde

p.s: i have x2.2 lite, and have never needed anything fancier Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modchip advice for a newbie?0