LCD-display with modchips like Aladdin?
all is in the title! i just ask the xbmc team this question:
"will xbmc be compatible with other mods like aladdin, xbit, ... using the lcd-mod (see lcd-mod website) ?" because all of xbox modded users don't have a xecuter3 or a smartxx.

can this become possible in a next release of xbmc?
darkbowsee

pretty sure we do already! (should be in 1.1.0 and later afaik)
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Smile 
not supported by xbmc only because aladdin's manufacturer xenochip haven't provided us with any lcd's/chips nor source code to test
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
hmmm, i had hoped to get my aladdin xt lcd support to work, but this gives me the impression that it won't, so i must ask. is there anything i can do to help make it possible, or must i just wait for xenochip to send you stuff?
Exclamation 
(shimavak @ dec. 08 2004,03:04 Wrote:is there anything i can do to help make it possible, or must i just wait for xenochip to send you stuff?
well you can activly lobby to get them involved, i don't exacly know how, maybe mail them or start a petiton and send to them? Wink
* shimavak laughs.

yes, well, i was hoping for a more hands on approach like playing with the programming myself, as i haven't even heard back from them on as to what the hd solder point is for one their board. but, on the xbox-scene forums, i ran across someone who has been able to get the aladdin chip to work with an lcd in xbmc. i tried, but i've got a few discrepancies (mainly a 4 bit instead of 8 bit lcd, that and my lcd is dead), so i can't verifiy if it works, but i thought i'd post how he got it to work in hopes that someone else can try it and see if it is indeed possible.

Quote:yes the aladdin xt 4064 works fine with an lcd. it must be the 4064 version, with the pot already on the pcb. here are the connections to use (assuming the lcd pin numbers are the same as mine):

lcd pin: name -> connection on xt modchip

1: vss (gnd) -> connected to gnd
2: vdd/vcc (5v) -> connected to 5v
3: vo/vee (contrast) -> connected to vee
4: r/s -> connected to rs
5: r/w -> connected to rw
6: e -> connected to e
11: d4 -> connected to d0 on modchip
12: d5 -> connected to d1 on modchip
13: d6 -> connected to d2 on modchip
14: d7 -> connected to d3 on modchip
15: led + -> optional backlight connection
16: led - -> only of your lcd has a backlight

note that the d4-d7 are used on the lcd and d0-d3 are not needed.

use the smartxx settings in xbmc to make the display operate (also avalaunch supports it). if you still don't see anything, wind the contrast pot down until something is on the screen (most lcds show black squares if it is not running properly).
i have a modded xbox with an aladdin v64 modchip.

i would really like to hae a small lcd, supported by xbmc. is this possible or do i need to change to another modchip for this to work ?

one solution could be a usb lcd like this e.g. http://www.usblcd.de or like this homemade one: http://www.linuxfocus.org/english/march2...286.shtml.

will they be supported in xbmc ?

they are of course pretty expensive, but i am thinking of building my own. also prices are comming down as there is a big need for these in shuttle pc's.

thanks for a great app!
Sad 
i believe x-addons lcd-mod is compatible with aladdin modchips but i'm not 100% sure (maybe they works with just the latest aladdin, all of them, or none at all).

no, usb lcd's are not supported by xbmc (because no unofficial developer has programmed/coded support for any, ...don't count on our official devs to code this)
i friends, this is my first post Smile
alladin xt works fine with hd44780 or equivalent lcd module (i plugged it now !Wink
you need only to configure as smartxx

stefano

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
LCD-display with modchips like Aladdin?0