Cannot set content type for source
Hi guys,

Long time user, from xbox to linux and now to windows. On XBMC for xbox/linux I have added a few sources from around my network for media and set their types accordingly. This works perfectly.

I recently wiped linux from one of these systems to give XBMC+Windows a try and sure enough, everything works almost perfectly. The main issue is that, when I try to set the content type for a source (via edit source, set content, or when creating a new source) the only option available in the list is 'none'.

This pops up a few times in the forum but every time the thread seems to die with the suggestion of reinstall/try the default skin/delete your existing video db file (e.g. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=48753). Unfortunately the original posters never replied so it's hard to know if it fixed the issue for them (if any). Also the issue seems, based on forums containing these threads, to be applicable to xbox, windows, linux, and ATV. Now, as sporadic as the problem is across all versions if you told me the above... I'd assume user error. So, if you think I may have missing something obvious , please feel free to post it.. I wont be offended Big Grin

I've tried reinstalling and cleaning out the video DB to no effect. I've ensured that the scraper directory is present and filled with what you'd expect to see. I've tried running in portable mode and not (since video db seems to be under user profile appdata rather than in the xbmc directory regardless of the -p switch). I've tried copying the scrapers, preserving paths, to the app data directory also. Nothing seems to have had any effect at all.

Given that these are loaded at startup by scanning the filesystem (according to the wiki at least) it's probably worth mentioning that the visualization list on music preferences is also empty (despite the files existing).

I've tried the official release from this site and a few nightly builds since then to see if there was any effect, both on the media center and on this desktop. They all seem to have the same problem.

I'm running Windows 7 on both systems and for the purposes of testing UAC is disabled and I'm running xbmc as an admin. Ownership/security permissions give the user full access to the filesystem.

Any thoughts on what it might be / something else I can try?

Thanks in advance for any/all help.

The only errors/warnings in my log are:
Code:
ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmc/system/players/dvdplayer/bcmDIL.dll (126)

ERROR: Could not find addon: skin/scripts/RecentlyAdded.py
Sounds like you have a new build post addons-merge, and you haven't enabled any addons as yet (thus no scrapers exist)

Use Camelot or something from before the addons merge.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks jmarshall, that's the issue.

I had dropped a nightly build over a clean Camelot install before running for the first time. When I had the issue, I uninstalled XBMC and reinstalled Camelot but apparently it left a lot of content behind - i.e. I was able to see 'addons' under settings still. I just manually deleted all traces of XBMC and reinstalled Camelot again, and this time it's all fine.

Thanks a lot for that - it was really bugging me Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot set content type for source0