How would this setup work with XBMC
I currently have an HP Pavilion slimline S3100N PC
it has AMD AThlon 64 X2 DUAL-Core Processor 4000+
4GB OF MEMORY
500 SATA HARDDRIVE
built in wireless
MCE Remote control reciever from media gate
I'm looking for ideas on what video card to put in. It need to to hdcp so I can excellent video and excellent audio I'm looking to stream 720p and also 1080p as well any suggestions. Looking to stay in the price range of 50.00 - 100.00. Thank you
Looks good. Just add a modern Nvidia card (say a Geforce 210) and you are set!
I have been using one of these in my system. It's passive cooled and runs everything I've thrown at it perfectly without getting too hot and I've only got a CPU fan and a rear 80mm fan in my case. It does take up two pci slots though.
poofyhairguy Wrote:Looks good. Just add a modern Nvidia card (say a Geforce 210) and you are set!

Poofyhairguy I order the card and recieved the item installed it in my system. I was wondering if you somebody could give me some advice. I'm currently running on the hp system windows 7 64bit. I have updated all of the drivers with the latest windows 7 updates. The problem I'm having is when I'm connected to the network I have an e drive I'm sharing on my current cpu system. Which also has windows 7 64 bit I have the e drive shared for everyone. I can access the files on the edrive with my hp system and I can even click on file to load and actually play the file. the problem I'm having is the video will play sometimes for a few minutes and completly lock up I know its the video locking up because if Press ctrl-alt-delete it will say that xbmc is not responding. I would like to know if the problem could be related to my cpu I though I had 4 gb in my system I only have 1.5gb with a 320gb harddrive or could it be a setting on my windows 7 system. Any help would be greatly apperciated thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How would this setup work with XBMC0