Subdirectories for seasons?
I have a whole bunch of TV Shows, in a directory called "TV Shows".
Inside it, I have the following structure:

TV Shows/Title/Season X/Title.S0XE0Y.stuff.ext

Firstly, while browsing the "TV Shows" directory, I get fanart/background changes based on what show is highlighted. This is working correctly.

However, once I "enter" a directory, I lose the backdrop changes. Do I have to manually set the poster/background art for each separate "Season X" folder, or is there some better way of doing this? And I'd really much prefer to keep seasons separate by directories.
There is:
Set the content of your TV Show folder, then turn on Library Mode (as described here)
This way you will not only get backdrops on season level, but all the other cool stuff like episode summaries, episode thumbs, cast...
Aah, Library mode. Ok, that makes it look "better". Guess it's time for another question/query.

How are people dealing with things like downloaded podcasts, video game footage, random downloaded clips from the internet etc?

For example, I have Starcraft2 replays. I don't watch these that much, but I'll probably get further game footage that I want to watch. This stuff has no "scrapable" metadata, and currently doesn't even show up in the library.

In addition, I have the Red vs Blue collection, 5 seasons of a web-cast show, which doesn't show up. This does have metadata, presumably, but it isn't showing up and probably won't be scrapable. Do I have to manually add these files to get them to show up in the Library?
I have these in a completely separate folder, and I'd like it if I could mark this folder as "show as regular source without library" somehow. Is something like this possible?
This is a recurring debate, while XBMC Library Mode works pretty well for stuff like movies and tv shows it doesn't adjust so well to things like home videos, sports, internet clips, webisodes and so on.... since they don't have scrapers.

You can create a NFO file and try to abuse it into the Library at some appropiate node (a new "TV Show", a new movie "Genre" ...)

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Nfo
Or exclude them from the library entirely and use a very clean filesystem layout and file view to find and watch them.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
kraqh3d Wrote:Or exclude them from the library entirely and use a very clean filesystem layout and file view to find and watch them.

That's actually what I have at the moment. My filesystem is laid out almost exactly like "Library" mode (except without genre), however that leaves my seasons unmarked. I think I'll dig through the sqlite database, and see if I can come up with my own 'content-setting' script that'll set stuff like "/storage/video/TV Shows/Mythbusters/Season 8" to be "Mythbusters - Season 8". That should fix things up, somewhat.
I was responding to your second query about what do to for those items which can't be scraped. For movies and Tv shows, you should just use Library. To be honest, I'm surprised that backdrops show in files when in files view. I didn't think they did. I assume putting a fanart.jpg inside your season folders doesn't work?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subdirectories for seasons?0