Newbie: Impossible to show label2
Hello,

I am newbie, the problem is that I am not able to show label2 in a list Sad. I have this function to add a folder to a list:

def addnewfolder( canal , accion , category , title , url , thumbnail , plot , label2 ):
listitem= xbmcgui.ListItem( label=title, label2=label2 , iconImage="DefaultFolder.png", thumbnailImage=thumbnail )
listitem.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels={ "Title" : title, "Plot" : plot, "Genre" : label2 } )
itemurl = '%s?channel=%s&action=%s&category=%s&title=%s&url=%s&thumbnail=%s&plot=%s&label2=%s' % ( sys.argv[ 0 ] , canal , accion , urllib.quote_plus( category ) , urllib.quote_plus( title ) , urllib.quote_plus( url ) , urllib.quote_plus( thumbnail ) , urllib.quote_plus( plot ), urllib.quote_plus( label2 ) )
xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem( handle = pluginhandle, url = itemurl , listitem=listitem, isFolder=True)

The end of the directory:
xbmcplugin.setPluginCategory( handle=int( sys.argv[ 1 ] ), category=category )
xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle=int( sys.argv[ 1 ] ), sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_GENRE)
xbmcplugin.endOfDirectory( handle=int( sys.argv[ 1 ] ), succeeded=True)

Thanks for any help :-)
as i can see there, you don't fill label2, you're using title , plot and genre.
so you can't show what you don't fill.
ppic Wrote:as i can see there, you don't fill label2, you're using title , plot and genre.
so you can't show what you don't fill.

I don't think that is the problem, I fill label2, but I "rename" it as "Genre" because it seams it is needed to sort by the variable label2 to be shown...(xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_GENRE instead of xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_LABEL2 that is not supported...). I copied it from de SVN Repo Installer plugin...
Maybe, there is another setting controlling label2HuhOo
It's up to the skin firstly, and the sort method secondly to decide what is shown on the right hand side of a listing.

You don't have control over either of these, other than requesting what sort methods you want.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

What can I do?, I can see the second column using the SVN Repo Installer, my skin is PMIII, Why does it not work?:confused2:
that's what a friend post to help me with this stuff:

you can't use this way in plugin:
Code:
listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem( "mon film", "01.01.2009", thumb, thumb )

here is the way you should:
Code:
listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem( "mon film", "", thumb, thumb )
#date        : string (%d.%m.%Y / 01.01.2009) - file date
infolabels = { "title": "mon film", "date": "01.01.2009" }
listitem.setInfo( type="Video", infoLabels=infolabels )

after that you can add your sort method:
Code:
def _add_sort_methods( self, OK ):
        if ( OK ) :
            handle = int( sys.argv[ 1 ] )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_DATE )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_VIDEO_TITLE )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_SIZE )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_GENRE )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_STUDIO )
            xbmcplugin.addSortMethod( handle, sortMethod=xbmcplugin.SORT_METHOD_PROGRAM_COUNT )
        self._end_of_directory( OK )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie: Impossible to show label20