dts 96
hi all

i have a genesis album and when i play it with vlc my av receiver shows dts 96 and all the music files are dts files

but when i play this album with xbmc dts 96 does not show on my av receiver, so does xbmc not suport dts 96 or something?

hope someone can tell me more about this stuffBig Grin
i love xbmc
I don't think we allow passthrough of anything but 48hz stuff at the moment. Not many receivers support anything else.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Interesting, I guess that explains why I never saw the 24-bit and/or 96Khz logo on my Z-5500 Logitech receiver while playing a 24-bit 96Khz input video file. Anyway let's all admit that the 24-bit and/or 96Khz material out there is very limited so perhaps the developer workforce involved in granting such option is too heavy for nothing or close to... Wink
One issue is that we can't really detect if it works or not. So it'd have to be some setting telling if the hw and drivers support it.

On linux anyway, i can output at higher sample rate, but doesn't look like my receiver is getting it at any higher sample rate.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I have several DVD-audio's ripped to my network, some are in 24bit/96Khz DTS. I can confirm that my setup plays this just fine. I have a "dime-adozen"-7.1 audio card with SPDIF passtrough, and my Onkyo plays back the file like it's supposed to. So XBMC supports it, as long as your hardware supports it.
Joy In Repitition
Did the OP check all the supported formats in the audio control panel? In my setup, I have to enable the supported sample rates in Windows 7 (control panel, sound, S/PDIF, supported formats). I have DTS and DD as well as 44.1, 48 and 96 KHz enabled for my receiver. After checking those options Windows will attempt to output in the highest quality possible (even XBMC).
paco Wrote:Did the OP check all the supported formats in the audio control panel? In my setup, I have to enable the supported sample rates in Windows 7 (control panel, sound, S/PDIF, supported formats). I have DTS and DD as well as 44.1, 48 and 96 KHz enabled for my receiver. After checking those options Windows will attempt to output in the highest quality possible (even XBMC).

i can already play my dts 96 music with vlc and my av receiver will show dts 96

it is just xbmc
i love xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
dts 960