Missing Scrappers (IMDB & co) in XBMC Rev29334 DX version (DSPlayer) :[
Question 
Hello everybody,

I'm a new member who freshly register today and as a starter I wanted to salute all of you, all your great contributions to the opensource community, to the HTPC community & so on, two thumbs up to all fans like me Smile

Nevertheless (as others probably) I've found a bug that the DSPlayer revision of XBMC is carrying since XBMC Rev29334 DX version (DSPlayer) and I already know that this is due to the trunk build and perhaps a known problem (and normal),

The bug is that the typical scrappers just vanished they are not present in XBMC options anymore which causes that there are no ways to see ANY type of information about the movie (and that even for the already existing ones that are carrying offline informations in XML structure & so on using Ember), as you may guess this is at some point disturbing & annoying (also pressing the "i" button does NOTHING at all, the function just disapeared),

The thing is I am literally bluffed by the quality I am able to get with the XBMC-Rev29334-dx version, this is like the big nirvana, I have a real TRUE 24p rendering using DXVA2 without any type of jagging/juddering or other problems (thanks to the Faroudja DCDI Cinema processor that my Thosiba HDTV is carrying), and all this with an average 1% CPU usage...

I never EVER was able to attain such heavenly situation that I was seeking until this build...

Thing is, I would really enjoy if some of you guys could just tell me to find any possible solution and/or workaround I could manually apply to my actual installation of XBMC DX in order to solve this issue and preventing me to have to make an evil choice of either having the VIDEO heaven with DXVA2 or having worse DXVA1 with scrappers... if there is any... and I mean any way to fix this scrapper issue with my current XBMC-Rev29334-dx version of XBMC... This is so frustrating having the best XBMC experience ever but no way to get the info from my movies (and that even if my movie files structure is carrying all the "offline" information gathered by Ember which makes no sense at all to me),

I am already sorry to ask your help and I hope this is the right forum to post it I specially took care to read for hours all topics related to DSPlayer, scrappers problems & customization and could not find a solution to solve this problem Sad

Is there any way I could take some files from the previous XBMC Rev29166 DX installation (in which scrappers works fine but DXVA2 is not present which gives me a bad 8% cpu usage with DXVA1) ?

Thank you so much :o If anybody needs a debug or something please let me know I'm desperate Wink
You need to get a newer build. latest svn atleast have atleast some scraper support back again.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thank you very much elupus, I'm honored having a fast answer from you, I used to read like A LOT of your answers through a ton of topics Wink

May I abuse and ask you (or any cheerful soul) where I could perhaps find the DSPlayer SVN sources to do so ? (I've read the how to compile manual on your wiki and have the theoretical capabilities to compile it myself),

Thing is I can find a 29443 (latest I hope) sources on sourceforge but what about a 29443 DSPlayer version ? or is it now part of the sources and is implicitly a DSPlayer version?

Again two thumbs up and thank you Smile

Apparently it looks like "[DSPlayer] merged from trunk revs r29309:29438" could mean that DSPlayer is now completely part of the 29443 build am I right?
It means dsplayer branch is uptodate with trunk.. but are yoiu sure you need dsplayer? If you have nvidia card i suspect you would be equally well with a trunk build from today.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Again thanks for your fast answer really appreciated.

I have to confess that even with the huge amount of readings I've done I still can't clearly make a distinction of which player/version is the most suitable for nVidia happy owners... especially lately where you guys started to produce so much strong advances in new unexplored territory to bring us the best 10.5 (or .whenever you can) user experience we couldn't even have dreamed of months ago... It's confusing for me a bit :o

Quick off-topic useful info; I'm running a core i7 with 6gigs DDR3 supported by an nVidia 8500GT (PureHD video engine type B, does not support hardware MPEG2 and VC1 is sometimes crap but VC1 itself is) all this running on W7 x64

Here are my own testings, benchmarking & adventurous conclusions I've gathered so far; Basically I've found I have 3 ways of running XBMC;

- DSPlayer uses a ffdshow filter for the rendering and I am actually using the x64 version of ffshow revision 3356 (up to date), the results are the most conclusive for me where I can have a real 1080p/24 @ 48Hz rendering using CUDA/DXVA2 which tops the CPU usage at a mere 0.7% usage which is quite impressive, this is probably due to a better ffdshow multi-core usage & x64 (and still I ask myself if XBMC being actually struggled in x32 is or not a barer of ffdshow x64 filter usage...)
- Native in-house developed DVD-player (the standard one from my understanding the one we're used to use since XBOX era up to lately technological advances) which also (according to wikipedia) uses ffdshow and that's where I get lost a bit (what is the scope & advatage of DSPlayer over it if both make usage of ffdshow...)
- Other third party & external configured (via XML & such) players like the famous MPC HD which also exists in x64 as far as I can see, I never used it nor have any idea what is his accuracy or any advantage of having a first x64 video renderer/player

So basicaly if you could (or again anybody willing to help gathering better knowledge for all) help me by answering the simple question of "what is probably the best player & filter in combination choice to make with nVidia hardware in an x64 environment to get the best image quality while keeping the best CPU usage thanks to hardware acceleration well you'll help me answer the strongest question regardinig XBMC I have lately,

Smile Cheers and thanks so much!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ight=29443

This solves the problem! Thanks again Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Scrappers (IMDB & co) in XBMC Rev29334 DX version (DSPlayer) :[0