• 7(current)
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?
davilla Wrote:?

I mean, were you able to solve some of the open issues (sleep, frame drops, ...) in the crystal hd kext / xmbc code. (it's been a while since an official status update)

And eh, when do you sleep!?! Big Grin
Tijntje Wrote:I mean, were you able to solve some of the open issues (sleep, frame drops, ...) in the crystal hd kext / XBMC code. (it's been a while since an official status update)

And eh, when do you sleep!?! Big Grin

Ahh, not yet. Taking a small break from CrystalHD while I think about it for a bit. I already see some possible fixes based on how VDADecoder is done.

Sleep, what's that ?
pssh, davilla, we don't pay you to take breaks... oh wait... Smile
davilla Wrote:Ahh, not yet. Taking a small break from CrystalHD while I think about it for a bit. I already see some possible fixes based on how VDADecoder is done.

davilla Wrote:as soon as the donation money for hookers and booze runs out, we will be back at work on xbmc Smile

Uhmm,being a tester,hard work Laugh
h264 in m2ts containers will play now.
davilla Wrote:h264 in m2ts containers will play now.

Would you speculate a maximum x264 bitrate?
poofyhairguy Wrote:Would you speculate a maximum x264 bitrate?

No Smile
poofyhairguy Wrote:Would you speculate a maximum x264 bitrate?

Let me clarify, bitrate means squat. It's h.264 profile, level and reference frames that matters. At this time we know B,M,[email protected] is fine, L5.1 seems fine, not explored the profile limits. Seems to not like 16 reference frames but still looking into that.

And in case anyone is confused about "h264 in m2ts containers will play now", that's raw decrypted bluray in h.264 flavor. Bluray can have one of three flavors, mpeg-2, vc1 and h.264 with h.264 seems to be much more common than vc1 and mpeg-2 is non-existence.
davilla Wrote:Bluray can have one of three flavors, mpeg-2, vc1 and h.264 with h.264 seems to be much more common than vc1 and mpeg-2 is non-existence.

A Few Good Men (1992), Fantastic Four (2005), Ice Age The Meltdown (2006), Pearl Harbor (2001), Reservoir Dogs (1992) are the movies in my m2ts collection that are MPEG2 based (out of 68 movies). They are few and far in between, but I wouldn't say they're non-existent.
Philmatic Wrote:A Few Good Men (1992), Fantastic Four (2005), Ice Age The Meltdown (2006), Pearl Harbor (2001), Reservoir Dogs (1992) are the movies in my m2ts collection that are MPEG2 based (out of 68 movies). They are few and far in between, but I wouldn't say they're non-existent.

Point taken, what's your percentage of mpeg-2 vs vc1 vs h.264 ?
davilla Wrote:Point taken, what's your percentage of mpeg-2 vs vc1 vs h.264 ?

Out of 67 movies:

MPEG2: 5
VC-1: 25
AVC: 37

Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=Qz8RKpPA
Philmatic Wrote:Out of 67 movies:

Interesting distribution.
Sounds like someone bought in hard to HD-DVD.
Philmatic Wrote:Out of 67 movies:

OT how did you create that list? it would be *extremely* useful for me... thank you Smile
davidhildreth Wrote:Sounds like someone bought in hard to HD-DVD.

Rolleyes

Stigmata Wrote:OT how did you create that list? it would be *extremely* useful for me... thank you Smile

Just install MediaInfo, point it to your movies directory, then switch it to sheet view. You can customize the columns as you see fit.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?0