• 4(current)
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?
Anyone have any idea if apple plans on releasing the api for other gpu`s aswell? Granted, alot of macs will be covered with the api currently out, but youd think they would release api`s for all cards they use that support x264 acceleration. After all, isnt this something they released primarily so macs would perform better on hulu and the likes?
Up running and seems stable in svn trunk. I'm seeing 25-35 CPU percent (100 - idle percent via top) under a 2.4GHz MacBook. Start building Smile
Great news davilla, which release should I download to try? 29565?
smush420 Wrote:Great news davilla, which release should I download to try? 29565?

r29647
Do you have to enable something?

Edit--Downloaded wrong svn, gonna try again in the morning
smush420 Wrote:Do you have to enable something?

Edit--Downloaded wrong svn, gonna try again in the morning

Yes, system -> video -> playback -> VDADecoder

You must be running 10.6.3 as VDADecoder is not present in any lower version of OSX.
I guess those of us without cement have to wait for the official release now?
That was fast davilla, thanks!

Could someone try and play the same video in Plex and XBMC and compare CPU usage, that would be interesting?

I will do it myself this weekend, if someone doesn't try it before me Smile
Ayla Wrote:That was fast davilla, thanks!

Could someone try and play the same video in Plex and XBMC and compare CPU usage, that would be interesting?

I will do it myself this weekend, if someone doesn't try it before me Smile

I can compare the two in an hr or so if anyone can link to the build. I vant seem to find it on the mirrors... My uncientific tests with plex gave me more than the 25-35% decrease in cpu usage Davilla is reporting. But like I said, my tests werent exactly science
RckStr Wrote:I can compare the two in an hr or so if anyone can link to the build. I vant seem to find it on the mirrors... My uncientific tests with plex gave me more than the 25-35% decrease in cpu usage Davilla is reporting. But like I said, my tests werent exactly science

Make sure you calc CPU usage from 100 - the Idle percent in top. Do not use the xbmc reported CPU percent or XBMC listed CPU percent in top. That CPU percent is based off 100 * number of CPUs and can be miss-leading. 100 - Idle is the true CPU percent regardless of number of cpu cores.
Allright good to know. Ill do a comparison once the new build is on the mirrors
Speaking of mirrors... any word on when you guys are going to resume putting builds there? Smile --I can compile if I must, but getting it form alternative sites or the mirror system on xbmc is preferred.
When Billy the Buildbot thinks svn trunk is safe again, nighties will resume.
jayhawk785 Wrote:Speaking of mirrors... any word on when you guys are going to resume putting builds there? Smile --I can compile if I must, but getting it form alternative sites or the mirror system on xbmc is preferred.

If you do decide to compile it, id appreciate it if you hooked me up. I have no idea how to.
davilla Wrote:When Billy the Buildbot thinks svn trunk is safe again, nighties will resume.

OH BILLY... they are safe enough, I have one from a couple days ago, works fine. Of course it breaks all skins but the ones included, but whatever Smile

Tell Billy to resume, with the "warning" attached that they may be unstable
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?0