• 6(current)
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?
I think that was me that brought it to his attention Wink
davilla Wrote:Nope.

Heh ... my craziness with all the negatives. Let me rephrase my own question . Which statement is true?

1- there may exist tricky ways to get it (hardware acceleration in the Finder using Apple libraries)on an Apple TV.

2- there are no tricky ways to get it to work.

philip
The api works with 10.6.3 and three defined Nvidia gpus. The Apple Tv has none of the above so the answer should be obvious.
RckStr Wrote:The api works with 10.6.3 and three defined Nvidia gpus. The Apple Tv has none of the above so the answer should be obvious.

Isn't the ATV's gpu very similar to one of the supported models? Nothing about this is obvious. The Apple TV isn't supposed to play xvid files but it does... There are a lot of talented folks around who don't just follow a recipe.

philip
pmcd Wrote:Isn't the ATV's gpu very similar to one of the supported models? Nothing about this is obvious. The Apple TV isn't supposed to play xvid files but it does... There are a lot of talented folks around who don't just follow a recipe.

philip

Even if its similar, it still doesnt have 10.6.3, so its not gonna work. And I hardly Think a similar gpu will do.
Hi all, forgive me already if I'm asking something that was already been covered yet I don't seem to find the answer and I also know I'm getting a bit off topic,

So, I own a µATX motherboard which happen to have an onboard nVidia Geforce 9400M, is there any way to get the hardware acceleration through OpenGL working on either Linux and/or Windows versions of XBMC-gl (and so not MacOS) ? Actually I can't only use at best GLSL shadings which is fine but don't think that brings a complete hardware acceleration for h264 meanwhile in a few movies GLSL is causing frame drops from 23.976 to less than 20 causing lags,

Thanks a lot,
[XBMC-DX r31103 T! r455]
.:LAPTOP:. Dell [C2D E6400] [8G DDR2] [Intel X4500HD] [LED 14'' 1280*800@60p]
.:NAS:. Antec [Ci7 920] [12G DDR3] [Matrox m9148] [19.4 TiB] [Triple Samsung 22'' 5040*1050@60p]
.:HTPC:. Antec [C2 Q9400] [6G DDR2] [nv GT240 VP4] [SB X-FI Ti] [Toshiba 46'' 1920*1080@24p] [Logitech Z5K5]
you are right, you are getting off topic. This thread is regarding hw acceleration using the api recently released by apple, under 10.6.3

I imagine you could build a hackintosh and get hw acceleration using that card of yours, but if you wanna build a windows or linux box with it, I imagine you be better off asking in those forums.
pmcd Wrote:Heh ... my craziness with all the negatives. Let me rephrase my own question . Which statement is true?

1- there may exist tricky ways to get it (hardware acceleration in the Finder using Apple libraries)on an Apple TV.

2- there are no tricky ways to get it to work.

philip

Still Nope .) I'm also known as mr.appletv and know a lot about what is possible and what is not with respect to the AppleTV.
dondre Wrote:Hi all, forgive me already if I'm asking something that was already been covered yet I don't seem to find the answer and I also know I'm getting a bit off topic,

So, I own a µATX motherboard which happen to have an onboard nVidia Geforce 9400M, is there any way to get the hardware acceleration through OpenGL working on either Linux and/or Windows versions of XBMC-gl (and so not MacOS) ? Actually I can't only use at best GLSL shadings which is fine but don't think that brings a complete hardware acceleration for h264 meanwhile in a few movies GLSL is causing frame drops from 23.976 to less than 20 causing lags,

Thanks a lot,

Very off topic and also shows you did not even search. XBMC for Linux supports vdpau which is nvidia's hook to hw accelerated decoder under Linux. It's been there for about a year now.
davilla Wrote:review the video -> playback settings and the xbmc.log. I've seen that with the older MacMini and selecting GLSL which does not exist on the older MacMini and causes the renderer to kick back to software.

I don't think it's going to software renderer because the full HD movies are playing without drops. It's just playing without color, in grayscale.
Tijntje Wrote:I don't think it's going to software renderer because the full HD movies are playing without drops. It's just playing without color, in grayscale.

Did you check ? The reason I mention this is I have seen this before when testing CrystalHD under a MacMini. Don't confuse video display with video decode Smile
davilla Wrote:Did you check ? The reason I mention this is I have seen this before when testing CrystalHD under a MacMini. Don't confuse video display with video decode Smile

I've tried different decode options (auto, shaders, software, ...) but it makes no difference.

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/yGgEiWE8
Tijntje Wrote:I've tried different decode options (auto, shaders, software, ...) but it makes no difference.

xbmc.log: http://pastebin.com/yGgEiWE8

DEBUG: GL: Requested render method: 5
20:08:56 T:2693261088 M: 17375232 NOTICE: GL: Shaders support not present, falling back to SW mode

Let me look for you. see, falling back to Software rendering. Set it to ARB.
davilla Wrote:DEBUG: GL: Requested render method: 5
20:08:56 T:2693261088 M: 17375232 NOTICE: GL: Shaders support not present, falling back to SW mode

Let me look for you. see, falling back to Software rendering. Set it to ARB.

Blush I was sure I also tested that setting.... It's working now, thx!
Any progress on the Crystal HD Kext/xbmc integration?
Tijntje Wrote:Blush I was sure I also tested that setting.... It's working now, thx!
Any progress on the Crystal HD Kext/xbmc integration?

?
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GPU video acceleration made possible by Apple?0